Samurai Silky white

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

JohnBoy69
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Samurai Silky white

Post by JohnBoy69 »

Hi,

Just done the front mudguard (fender) using rattle cans and quite happy with the result- slight orange peel in the laquer will be cut back later.

White gloss van paint over grey plastic primer then a really really (less is definitely more from experiments) light coat of Samurai silky white pearl layer, then clear laquer over the top.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it is.

1990 FZR600 Genesis 3HE
1993 Alfa Romeo
2008 Fiat
Stig
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: Samurai Silky white

Post by Stig »

whats the paint code and where did you get it

was it done in 3 stages? base, pearl and then laquer?
If its not broken it dont need fixing

http://www.exup1000.co.uk
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by JasonRDfan »

I like that very much. I was telling girlfriend about it. I desperately need to do some paint work on my FZR.
92 fzr600 Vance & Hines edition, galindo f1 grips, Vance & Hines super sport complete exhaust, oem clutch with Vance & Hines springs, Piaa horn, Hella headlight, Vance & Hines power pak, passenger seat cowl, 07 r6 regulator, ballistic evo2 8 cell, JT 14 tooth sprocket, Joe Florida sportbike multi-color led kit, galindo bar ends,
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by JasonRDfan »

I like that very much. I was telling girlfriend about it. I desperately need to do some paint work on my FZR.

I have no idea why this posted twice. I'm on my iPod so that has something to do with it I'm sure :)
92 fzr600 Vance & Hines edition, galindo f1 grips, Vance & Hines super sport complete exhaust, oem clutch with Vance & Hines springs, Piaa horn, Hella headlight, Vance & Hines power pak, passenger seat cowl, 07 r6 regulator, ballistic evo2 8 cell, JT 14 tooth sprocket, Joe Florida sportbike multi-color led kit, galindo bar ends,
JohnBoy69
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by JohnBoy69 »

I used regular gloss white paint as a base, but guess you could/ should use a flat white base.

I got the samurai silky white layer paint here: http://www.spraypaintpro.co.uk/samurai/ ... ilky-white

They only do it in rattle cans- I normally try and do anything bigger than brackets etc with a gun, but I'm quite happy with the result from rattlers on my mudguard.

My main advice would be to experiment on a bit of card/ wood etc first. I think it would be very easy to over apply the pearl and then the finished result is kinda too golden if that makes sense.

John
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it is.

1990 FZR600 Genesis 3HE
1993 Alfa Romeo
2008 Fiat
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by JasonRDfan »

That does look good. It does surprise me that you used a spray can.
Conrad
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Conrad »

Looks awesome, well done
'88 FZR1000 Genesis