New Paint Job: lines on the tank?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

nortstudio
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Re: New Paint Job: lines on the tank?

Post by nortstudio »

I have to say, knowing that I was not going to be able to paint the rims until I replaced the tires was killing me! But the look of them is not bad. They need a good cleaning, and then we will see if they still look good when the tire change time comes.

I know that I should probably do the wet sanding and buffing when this stuff has dried more completely (last time was too early - as confirmed by all of you, as well as the guy from the SprayMax company who responded to my inquires. But for now, just being able to see what it looks like as a black bike was rewarding enough. What a difference!!!
http://motopreserve.com is a blog about wrenching on bikes in Brooklyn.

1993 FZR 600. A work in progress...
cowboi
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by cowboi »

Ill agree im impressed with the job. And as for the rims being white , it almost looks fast sitting still. Lol. But good job. :)
When all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth......S.Holmes

78 CB750A
96 FZR600R
00 YZF R1
04 YZF R6
nortstudio
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by nortstudio »

Well, it's not perfect, but I finally go my first test rides in after the paint job and all the upgrades I made.

Of course, getting ready for the maiden voyage, I see rain start to come down, but I was committed already, so I left anyway. Heavier rain came later - and I'm happy to report that she held up. At least THAT'S something :)

http://motopreserve.com is a blog about wrenching on bikes in Brooklyn.

1993 FZR 600. A work in progress...