what undertail fits the FZR airtech tail?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

JayFZR600
Site Newbie

what undertail fits the FZR airtech tail?

Post by JayFZR600 »

sorry if you guys answered this question already.
I'm new to all of this. I got a 97 fzr 600 w/
an airtech tail. But I haven't put it on. I want to get a undertail for it.
I seen a lot of on here w it, I would really appreciate
If you let me know what you did. Thanks.
JayFZR600
Site Newbie

Re: what undertail fits the FZR airtech tail?

Post by JayFZR600 »

IDK
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5
Location: Europe, California, Georgia, Belgium (yes, this is not part of the 1st one)

Post by gogofizzpow »

I had to make my own out of an R6 one and a dremel to shape it down into half of its previous self. I know Modking used to glass them into a built in one at a fee and a tail to work with. You can always glass your own if you know how to. My route just took the fitting the two to eachother time. Maybe someone has something different on theirs...
'96 FZR600
-Stainless brake lines, K&N Filter Pods, R6 front calipers, R6 Front and rear Master cylinder, Factory Pro Stg 1 Jetkit, R6 Headers (TK), '08 R6 Rear shock w/ adjustable dogbones (RR), Airtech R1 kit (and all the mods that go with that), Home made 5 d ignition advance, YZF600r D&D Modified short can with R6 mid pipe, Progressive rate front suspension, YZF600r Swingarm/wheel, 520 14/45, 47, 48 Sprockets, China's rearsets, YZF600r modified undertray, Cheap battery mod so I can run lay flat glass matts, And anything else I become compulsive enough to do to her...
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

I modified an R6 tail to fit under my Airtech (photos of the same tail - I just went through a lot of color changes):

Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
gre3nskeeper
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by gre3nskeeper »

hey Rage. do you have any pics of your fab work you did to get the r6 undertail to fit. I've been dremmiling all day and mine is still only an approximate fit at best. Also, did you fiberglass the tail to get it to fit?
1995 YZR600R
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

gre3nskeeper wrote:hey Rage. do you have any pics of your fab work you did to get the r6 undertail to fit. I've been dremmiling all day and mine is still only an approximate fit at best. Also, did you fiberglass the tail to get it to fit?

Fiberglass, fiberglass and more fiberglass...

I basically built it out, then cut it back. Finished it off with bondo. I, unfortunately, don't have any photos as it wasn't a method that anyone could follow - or should follow.

I do remember shortening the R6 undertail, not sure if it reduced the width though - been a few years now. Wish I could be of more help.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
gre3nskeeper
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by gre3nskeeper »

ragedigital wrote: as it wasn't a method that anyone could follow - or should follow.
haha. I know how those go. Thanks for you help anyways. Im sure with a little more dremmiling then some fiberglass work I can make it look nicey nice.
1995 YZR600R
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

Here is a Modking tail on my old FZR Image

Ah that's pic sucks I'll see if i have more...

NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?