Paint Match for the 89 FZR Pearl White?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Straycat
Site Newbie

Paint Match for the 89 FZR Pearl White?

Post by Straycat »

Hi all, im new here (see my first post in the FZR400 section) and am starting to restore an 89 FZR400.

It will get a full repaint (by a pro), and it will be sprayed in Dupont baterborne automotive paint.

What I need to know is, is there a close match that any of you know of, to an car manufacturers Pearl White. I have no intention of paying the money to colorrite for the factory match, its just too expensive.

Ive heard that possibly Cadilac Diamond White Pearl ? any others that this community knows of?.

If necessary I guess I'll have to walk the shopping mall parking lots with my front fender in hand and compare to some vehicles to see whats closest.

thanks in advance
88FZR250
Site Newbie

Re: Paint Match for the 89 FZR Pearl White?

Post by 88FZR250 »

I did my 250 in Mazda's Snowflake Pearl. Possibly an option?
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12183
1988 FZR250 2KR. Snowflake pearl paint, A blend of Aprilia/custom/oem panel work,Ninja 250R mirrors, R1and FZ6 led indicators, blue led underlighting, Daily ridden over 50,000 km and still running strong.
Straycat
Site Newbie

Post by Straycat »

Thanks , ill have a look at it if I can find it on a car locally.
Gregginohio
Site Newbie

Post by Gregginohio »

I have a 87 vfr700f2 in pearl crescent white and having a spot repainted on the fairing..found a really good body shop that computer color matches the paint..id try that route..then its gonna be a three stage paint pocess..gregginohio