fzr 400/600 billet triple clamp

They don't call him the "King" for nothing!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

fzr 400/600 billet triple clamp

Post by modkingfzr600 »

and replacement foot pegs.

RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Re: fzr 400/600 billet triple clamp

Post by RoadDogma »

Wow... but what about that fuel cell?... Typical, ModKing makin some trick sh*t.
Makes me want to reconsider using the factory R6 triples I just received off Ebay.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

FZR400RR (3TJ):Yeah, it's pink.
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by modkingfzr600 »

fuel cells are always able to be made to order, so if you need one just let me know. There is certainly nothing wrong with the r6 triples , I just got done with a late model R6 triple yesterday that needed the fzr stem swap , turned out nicely. Hell I don't even have a custom tree on my bike yet, I am still using the 04 gsxr 1K tree.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

modkingfzr600 wrote:fuel cells are always able to be made to order, so if you need one just let me know. .
MK,
Your fuel cells hold more fuel OR just to suit a particular airbox set up with "tank shroud" ?
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

yamaha_george wrote:
modkingfzr600 wrote:fuel cells are always able to be made to order, so if you need one just let me know. .
MK,
Your fuel cells hold more fuel OR just to suit a particular airbox set up with "tank shroud" ?
people do it if they race and/or are using a different tank cover that cant fit over stock tank which is pretty much any tank cover thats not fzr.
and his can be made for anything. to store more fuel or to lighten it with an aluminum shell or even just because its not stock!

I wish i had spending money to buy some of Modkings stuff, there awesome.
he can make you custom engine covers if you really wanted as well (maybe not so much stator or peanut).
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by modkingfzr600 »

george, this particular fuel cell holds a little over a gallon "less" than stock. this along with the tank being lighter saves weight ,also it provides a little lower center of gravity and it has an internal baffle which eliminates sloshing of the fuel.....and it allows you to use the spin-on fuel caps.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

modkingfzr600 wrote:george, this particular fuel cell holds a little over a gallon "less" than stock. this along with the tank being lighter saves weight ,also it provides a little lower center of gravity and it has an internal baffle which eliminates sloshing of the fuel.....and it allows you to use the spin-on fuel caps.

+1 on the sloshing.
take in S turn fast with a full tank of gas and you get a not so smooth corner.

Iv tried to find out why they didnt make fuel tanks out of aluminum because it wouldnt rust and its lighter, I was just told it was for saftey issues.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Sloshing - that's why a lot of racers use baffling foam in the tank. The TZ and RS GP racers came with foam out of the box; you can buy it from Airtech, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe steel tanks are mandated on the street because of aluminum's annoying habit of rupturing in a good crash.
Last edited by DonTZ125 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by modkingfzr600 »

I hear ya don , the internal baffle in this fuel cell pretty much cancels out all sloshing , and you are correct about the aluminum tanks breaking in a car-bike crash. I purchased 2 bricks of fuel cell foam for the fuel cell that i built for china racer , i purchased it on ebay and it was a good quality foam although it doesn't feel much like foam. The foam fibers look like enormous rubber scotch brite fibers.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

modkingfzr600 wrote:I hear ya don , the internal baffle in this fuel cell pretty much cancels out all sloshing , and you are correct about the aluminum tanks breaking in a car-bike crash. I purchased 2 bricks of fuel cell foam for the fuel cell that i built for china racer , i purchased it on ebay and it was a good quality foam although it doesn't feel much like foam. The foam fibers look like enormous rubber scotch brite fibers.
MK,
I have fuel cell foam in my F'glass racing tanks on my Bultaco & TZ/Rd's and you are spot on with that descripition of " scotch-brite scrubber ".

Pity about the rupturing of alloy tanks, which I was not aware of as a hazard in a "good crash" (another thing I had not heard of any crash in my book is bad ) and I rode & raced alloy tanked Dresda Tritons way back in the day.

And Alloy Tanks are still being made & sold here in the UK for the Brit Iron crowd (the biggest supplier is may be 2-3 miles from here.)

If I had one on the FZR I would want a bigger capacity I find having to re-fill the tank every 100 miles or so bloody annoying !
mikev
Site Newbie

Post by mikev »

Which forks are these designed for?
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by modkingfzr600 »

38mm fzr forks.
mikev
Site Newbie

Post by mikev »

I assume it wouldn't be very difficult to make them work with R6 or R1 forks then?
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by modkingfzr600 »

that particular clamp i built just for fzr forks, i also build clamps for inverted style forks.
flyinturtle
Site Newbie

Post by flyinturtle »

Hey modking i know this is a lil off topic but you wouldnt happen to have the part # for those filter pods whould you. beautiful bike by the way.

Return to “Modking [Custom Fabrication / Machining]”