Bespoke Shifter ??

They don't call him the "King" for nothing!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

zfr1000r6
Site Newbie

Re: Bespoke Shifter ??

Post by zfr1000r6 »

we started making a set for my 1000 today and half way through it we came up with a few design ideas that we thought would look better (as well as provide more strength for those few that like to stand on the front pegs while riding on one tire, lol) They are coming out better than i could have expected. I will post pics up soon. The reverse shifter works great, right now we are making the rear set so that you can adjust the peg about a half inch in each direction to allow for the rider to fit it to there riding style. We also came up with a set of adjustable dogbones. Im not too sure about whether or not they would be something that everyone would want (they would cost a little more than a pair drop or risers). We stock a piece of solid aluminum tube and drilled and tapped the ends for hyme joints and bolted them on. they allow for ALOT more adjustability and quick height adjustments. If anyone IS interested in a set of these P.M. me and I can get you a price. We can mill it from aluminum, stainless or steel stock.

:hijack: I didnt mean to jack this thread, if its a problem let me know and i will start a new one. thanks. RRBike
Xian_13
Site Newbie

Post by Xian_13 »

yamaha_george wrote: ShogunTX,
that is commonly known as a GP shifter where the lever acts in REVERSE to normal ie 5 down & one up. If you do use this idea do it to every bike you ride !!!!

The hassle is that on your race bike you get "brain set" so that on your road bike in an emergency the brain will do the quickest result it knows which would be in this case shift up instead of down etc.results are not nice (have the road rash to prove it though light thanks to good kit )
George,

I do agree that learning GP shifting, can be tricky for some. It is best to set all your bike up the same.

However, you can ride with both shifting styles.
The wife and I both do it, going from race bikes to dirt bikes.

XIII
CCS #13

~There is not an end, in my challenge.
It is the life I chose to continue running

ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by ShogunTX »

Awesome, can't wait to see a few pictures of them! Glad someone was able to bring this idea to fruition for the 1000 FZR's
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

What kind of cost are we talkin here?
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
zfr1000r6
Site Newbie

Post by zfr1000r6 »

my total cost for the rearset and shifter is around 70 and my total cost for the dog bones is around 35. This is my cost, your cost (as a member of fzr) would be just a little more than that but not much more.
greenzx12
Site Newbie

Post by greenzx12 »

I want one -pm sent. I had a buddy who had a cbr 900 set up on his Hawk 650 and I loved riding it with the shifting pattern backwards.
ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by ShogunTX »

Are we still waiting on pictures?? did the prototype work?
mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by mossy1200 »

Its not the shifter side that hard.Its the brake side as the master is mounted on frame and not the rearset.Gsxr1000rearsets with mods and alterations k1-k4.
ImageImageImageImage
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

those rearsets look fantastic! going back to the shifter, im not sure what thatkid's ideas are to keep the stock shifting pattern while using a shifter similar to this, but i was looking at my coworkers buell xb12r the other day and noticed he's got a similar looking setup on his bike. the shift arm is not connected to the footpeg, here's the best picture i could find link for an example. just thought i'd throw that out there :thumbsup:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

i think most people whose friends happen to miss shift when riding your bike anitcipate that its gp style shifting compared to our style shifting ,even though they dont know what the differnce is thats why ive just come to not lettin a non- rider take my bike for a spin
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always

Return to “Modking [Custom Fabrication / Machining]”