Fox Twin Clicker Rebuild

They don't call him the "King" for nothing!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Fox Twin Clicker Rebuild

Post by zero9243 »

Hey Modking, thatkid and I are planning on rebuilding our shocks this winter. I checked your old thread on the archives but the photos were removed. I got the manual off the archives as well but I figured you may still have the pics from when you worked on yours. And I may have some questions in the future as well. I know you put a new spring on yours and I'm wondering if I should have to do that as well or will my spring be sufficient? Or is it hard to tell w/e seeing the shock? I hope this is a good place to post this, but i'm not sure if you don't like people creating new topics in your section. If that is the case feel free to move it.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: Fox Twin Clicker Rebuild

Post by ShogunTX »

This would be helpfull for the WIKI ask I just shelled out 170.00 to Fox to rebuild mine. If you have pictures to go along with the write up let me know! I as I plan to have several rebuilds over the next few years..... :cheers:
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Check with Mark (msilves). He just got finished rebuilding his shock. I think he took photos. Said it was a lot easier than he thought it would be.

Also, both of my Fox shocks have Hypercoil springs on them.

Since you're in a lower weight class than me, Zero, you'd probably be fine with the stock Fox spring. They talk about the different springs that were available for the FOX TC in the manual.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

ragedigital wrote:Check with Mark (msilves). He just got finished rebuilding his shock. I think he took photos. Said it was a lot easier than he thought it would be.

Also, both of my Fox shocks have Hypercoil springs on them.

Since you're in a lower weight class than me, Zero, you'd probably be fine with the stock Fox spring. They talk about the different springs that were available for the FOX TC in the manual.

A while ago in my shock thread you said there was a guy who was going to post pics of his shock. What happened with that? I think I have a WP not a FOX now that i posted about it but it is unconfirmed.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

I doubt that you have a FOX. Doesn't look like either of mine.

I invited the guy, who's part of the local motorcycle forums here in St. Louis, but he hasn't responded.

Send your pics to WP and see what they say.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!

Return to “Modking [Custom Fabrication / Machining]”