help tail swap

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.
lilrobert871207
Site Newbie

help tail swap

Post by lilrobert871207 »

I was wondering what is the easiest tail swap for my89 fzr and is there a front faring swap.thsnks
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Re: help tail swap

Post by reelrazor »

Yeah, um, the 89 fzr tailsection?

perfect swap onto an 89 fzr..

but seriously ....WHY?

Nothing is a direct/easy/no cutting or welding or fabbing swap

The vast majority of such "upgrades" are complete botch jobs...they look terrible at anything deeper than a casual lookover. While, a nicely done bike with original plastics will have people stopping you at gas stations to talk about your "euro" sportbike.
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: help tail swap

Post by old_school »

An airtech fiberglass aftermarket tail is the easiest swap. You keep you front seat and tank in a weekend with a grinder and some dedication you'll be ready for paint and riding.

The r1 tail is harder bur gives you a better finished product.. You need a tail two seat and some fab work to build out under the seat and a grinder to cut off the stuff that wont fit. You'll also need to swap the tank, mod your airbox or put pods on, check out the wikki as I think both upgrades are shown. This is a winter project.
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?

Return to “eBay / Craigslist FZR Deals & Steals”