How to mod a spool type lift to work on FZR, no welding

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

How to mod a spool type lift to work on FZR, no welding

Post by JRK5892 »

ok... so i got a great deal on a bike lift. only problem it was a spool style and as we know the FZR swing arm does not accept spools. so i had 3 options, mod the stand i have, make spacers to put inside the swing arm and thread spools into it, or scrap the stand and get a new one... i choose to mod without ruining the stand

here is what i did

i counter sunk a piece of alum angle bracket, then threaded the foot of the lift, dropped a hardened allen head into that sucker to hold it, then ran a hardened bolt thought that, spun the head of the bolt on the grinder to make it go away, used fender washers to sandwich it to the old spool holders, ran the both through the angle bracket and capped it with another nut... solid as ever and works perfect! best part is, to use on a spool style all i have to do is remove the nut

this is what it looks like (please forgive the extra tape on the lift, i did not want it to scratch if it did not work so i wrapped it all up tight, 2 days now on it and it works great!!!
ill get some pics after i paint it or powder it up

http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Re: How to mod a spool type lift to work on FZR, no welding

Post by zero9243 »

Isn't that exhaust upside down?

or the cap maybe?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Uh, yeah - wasn't a fellow on another thread complaining about water in his exhaust? Leave THAT thing out in the rain, and you'll blow like Shamu when you try to start up... :yuck:
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

looks like a Ghetto Fabulous setup you got there .. but if it works then by all means Run it ! just make sure its strong enough to hold the bike while on the stand for long periods like overnight .Still tho sure beats buying a new stand

. can could be right just the tip of can flipped over ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

looks a bit ghetto right now. i am going to powder coat the whole thing to match the bike... and the wife voted down my exhaust cap flip, no big deal it is a 2 min fix, 4 bolts, spin it, and put them back in
http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more

Return to “WIKI - Discussion, Submissions, Corrections...”