Manual fan switch for FZR

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

PAFizzer600

Manual fan switch for FZR

Post by PAFizzer600 »

Please visit the WIKI write up HERE for step by step instructions
Last edited by PAFizzer600 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Manual fan switch for FZR, revisited.

Post by 95FZR600 »

Great write up. I plan on adding one this winter.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

Well done.

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

just installed mine....it was easy as hell. took about 3 minutes
Dragon
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by Dragon »

?????
Will the fan still go on when needed, if you forget to manually turn it on by the switch?
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

He just by-passed it and made a switch for it. Everything else is still hooked up. It should still come on at 220 or whatever it is.

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

95FZR600 wrote:He just by-passed it and made a switch for it. Everything else is still hooked up. It should still come on at 220 or whatever it is.

yes, and the way its wired, it still is hooked up to the relay so it shuts off when you turn your ignition off
Dragon
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by Dragon »

shredex wrote:
95FZR600 wrote:He just by-passed it and made a switch for it. Everything else is still hooked up. It should still come on at 220 or whatever it is.

yes, and the way its wired, it still is hooked up to the relay so it shuts off when you turn your ignition off

Nice!!
Thanks, for the replies guys. :headbang:
Thinking on doing this mod tomorrow, :grinnod: .
Is that switch water proof? That's my only concern right now, maybe I'll have to find a water proof one from some where else. Don't need water getting in there now, or else banghead . LOL2
PAFizzer600

Post by PAFizzer600 »

I just washed the bike and doused the switch with water and it was fine. The worst it would do is make the fan switch stay on, because it would just complete the connection. There is no ground to jump so it's no big deal. It wouldn't even blow the fuse because it's not pulling current from anything and it's insulated on that piece of mounting rubber. It's an automotive switch specifically for that, so it should be some sort of water proof. I literally blasted it with the hose. Game on! If there was a problem it would just blow the fan fuse.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

I used a screw on, on/off switch that is suppose to be screwed onto the wires of these little lights you buy.
its for indoor use...i dont know how it will do in the rain. but the most it can possibly do is blow your fan fuse. or your switch my go bad. either way, there easily replacable.

Ill take pics of my set-up when I find batteries for my camera so you can see what I did.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

another project that i will be doing is im going to put a switch on my bike that will allow me to turn off all my lights (Headlight/taillight/gauge light) while the bike is running.
this is really only good for if you are hiding from somebody OR (what im looking for) which is so I can turn the ignition on without having everything come on and drain the battery at all so all the battery force goes into starting your bike.
PAFizzer600

Re: Manual fan switch for FZR

Post by PAFizzer600 »

Heh, easy to do. Run a hot line from the fuse to break the hot line to the lights and run it through the same type of switch. It should work, if you play with the hot lines right from the fuse box.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

ok, heres my manual fan switch. I made a video to, but that wont be up till later.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

PAFizzer600 wrote:Heh, easy to do. Run a hot line from the fuse to break the hot line to the lights and run it through the same type of switch. It should work, if you play with the hot lines right from the fuse box.
except that there is two fuses that I have to run by...i dont know if I should use two switches because I havent seen a switch for two different wiring prongs.
PAFizzer600

Post by PAFizzer600 »

The only good turning the lights on and off bring is to run from something. Heh. But, there is always a way to do something for everything. I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere.

Return to “WIKI - Discussion, Submissions, Corrections...”