Fairing Repairs With Plastex

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Fairing Repairs With Plastex

Post by ShogunTX »

We strive to provide the most up to date and informative material for the FZR community. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions related to the content you've just read in the WIKI feel free to post it here.
Brutal Tooth
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Fairing Repairs With Plastex

Post by Brutal Tooth »

PLASTEX WORKS!!!!!! I thought it was OK just by looking at it and messing with other plastic welding/repairing kits... but plastex roxorz!!! 15 bux (half of it used up already) fixed 6 items already. Even repaired all MISSING brackets. That also includes broken lower fairings from fleabay (that dude was a lying douchebag who blamed UPS for my broken IN HALF fairing). This is one of the rare cases where you get way more than what yoou pay foR!!! canofworms :cheers:
SaskSaint
Site Newbie

Post by SaskSaint »

It absolutly Does work.. I have made many ( lasting) repairs with this material. The latest a week or so ago to the upper fairing on my 84 GSXR 400. Fell over on stand hitting my helmet. I ordered mine from the U.K. as scourcing it in Canada was proving to be a pain.. ordered years ago out of Toronto..No could find them this time.. Like I said.. Amazing stuff.. though not for all plastics so check it on a tiney hidden peice prior to committing to it. :banjoman
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

SaskSaint wrote:It absolutly Does work.. I have made many ( lasting) repairs with this material. The latest a week or so ago to the upper fairing on my 84 GSXR 400. Fell over on stand hitting my helmet. I ordered mine from the U.K. as scourcing it in Canada was proving to be a pain.. ordered years ago out of Toronto..No could find them this time.. Like I said.. Amazing stuff.. though not for all plastics so check it on a tiney hidden peice prior to committing to it. :banjoman
The english company who sell it (see wiki) also have MANY other adhesives of this type for various types of plastics in our daily lives. Most helpful lot as they recommended a plastic bumper adhesive for a mates russian bike screen.

Return to “WIKI - Discussion, Submissions, Corrections...”