HELP A.S.A.P yzf tank,airtech fzr r1 tail,seat???

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

HELP A.S.A.P yzf tank,airtech fzr r1 tail,seat???

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

quick post,need help asap! 93 fzr600,05 yzf 600 tank swap,with the airtech r1 converion tail.Airtech says to use stock fzr seat,but thats for the stock tank set up.I have a corbin seat that i know wont work cause the tail is a solo.And a stock fzr600 seat wont work cause of the tank swap.What seat will match my set up the best.Yzf600 stock?R1 stock to match the tail from airtech?

Please help me out.I have the yzf tank coming and am sold on the airtech tail.I dont want this to be at a stand still when i get the tail shipped.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: HELP A.S.A.P yzf tank,airtech fzr r1 tail,seat???

Post by Genesis »

Hmmm.... an r6 seat wraps nicely around an YZF tank. There was also a amazing build by mrfreeze where he rebuilt his seat pan to fit.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

i could chop an re wrap the fzr seat if i had an original one no problem.so if the r6 seat is the best fit for the tank thats what im gonna go with.thank you.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Take a look at my thread for one option for mounting the rear of the tank and front of the seat.

My FZR6 Rebuild

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

ok.i was just thinkin on having someone make a bracket so that i can just bolt the back side of the tank the the frame.an the r6 seat has little plastic tabs that extend from the back of the seat pan.i was thinking on putting rubber bumers under the seat,an cutting holes in the tail for it to rest on the frame.how im going to fasten the seat down i have not figured out yet.

i have an fzr 1000 front tank mount coming from ebay.all the builds an write ups i read said this would allow direct bolt to the upper frame and use stock mounting points.
NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

ok so im gunna cut slits in the tail for the seat to slide into,an that will secure the back.ur pictures would really help but for some reason i cant see them in ur build thread?
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

My FZR6 Rebuild

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

There is only a few pics missing, there are some pics of my rear frame. Let me know what you need a picture of, I will take it, and post it. :)

My FZR6 Rebuild

NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

i think im ok with mounting.im stumbling now with the airbox.i realy dont want to hack a perfectly good airbox.does the fzr 400 box fit under the yzf tank?or should i take the rubber out of the tank an use it like velocity stacks?i read that this helps jet the carbs for pods.
NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

Have two yzf swap questions.using this write up as my guide......http://heath.agdog.com/fzr/workbench/20 ... index.html

I bought the fzr 1000 front tank mount, an removed the mirror stay, but have no idea what to bolt the tank mount too.all I have are the two holes for the mirror stay.I un bolted the rad filler cap an tucked it under.other then the two mirror stay bolts,nowhere to mount the tank.am I missing something?

Question two, I cut along the tank seam like in the write up on the rear,do I have too cut across now? I'm starting to think I got in over my head here.no direction, and I can't post pics through this site or photo bucket.any help would be nice.my only other option is to post a video to YouTube an link to it here.
NAKED&LOUD518
Site Newbie

Post by NAKED&LOUD518 »

Still in need of help.I can't figure out the back mount as the write up says.I cut the slits in the pic in blue.now do I have to cut down the outsides of my cut?I'm shooting in the Dar her an cat get any answers.I'm gonna end up ruining this tank if I can't get help.so some one please help me.the search is no help, all Ur write ups have pics I can't see and have no straight answers, like cut here, bend this......nothing.I'm about to wash my hands with the whole project, an the number 1 fzr forum isn't even bothering to reply.