yzf 750 Rear Wheel/Yzf 600 Swingarm/Fzr600 bike

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

lucky13
Site Newbie

yzf 750 Rear Wheel/Yzf 600 Swingarm/Fzr600 bike

Post by lucky13 »

I am in the process of doing the Yzf600 swingarm onto my fzr600. I bought what i thought (stupid newbie,lol) to be an early r1 front end, and i was given the matching rear wheel at the same time. After doing some researching it looks like what i bought was from a yzf750. Ive done some quick measuring and it looks like the hub of the rear wheel is the same width between the yzf600 and the 750. But the 750 wheel is 1/2" wider. I guess what im asking is if anyone has used the 750 rear wheel on the yzf 600 swingarm? Id like to use the wider rear tire/wheel if i can. Will it clear the brake arm? Thanks in advance

Brian
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: yzf 750 Rear Wheel/Yzf 600 Swingarm/Fzr600 bike

Post by TomcatMJ »

The late 3HE/3HH FZR 600 have a 4 Inch wide rim, i guess the width of the yzf 600 (here in europe also called fzr 600r) was also 4 inch,wasn't it? If yes just have a look at the plans for inserting a Bandit Rearwheel in the 3HE (FZR 600) or 4JH (FZR 600R / YZF 600) as these wheels have a width of 4,5 inch and so the same issues with Brake-Arms, Tirefitting, Offset-distances etc. ;)
Maybe it might just be adopted to your configuration in most parts ;)
If i remember correctly this transformation (with a Bandit Wheel) is well described inside the wiki, maybe the transformation with a yzf 750 is added to this already? The given Bearings of the wheel are a thing that should be kept in mind for checking if they fit directly to the axles diameter and so on...
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
lucky13
Site Newbie

Post by lucky13 »

Im already swapping to the yzf 600 swinger. The yzf 600 rear wheel is 17x5 and the 750 is 17x5.5. But the hub width is the same on the yzf rear wheels. I've got all the stuff already for the swingarm swap, i just havent had a chance to mockup the 750 rear wheel yet.
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Which Brake-Arm would be the problem? The supporting arm which is mounted at one end to the Swingarm and at the other end to the Brakecalipers or the Main Brake-Arm which is mounted to the Axle and the Calipers?
For the supporting arm: Check the Download at http://www.fzr-forum.de/filebase/index. ... lge/#files as at page 4 there is a solution shown for a similar transformation where the supporting arm would otherwise conflict with the tyre...the guy who wrote this step-by-step manual solved the problem by changing the supporting arms location a bit more to the outer side with help of a distance and a little welding ;) (I guess just using google translate would help understanding the german text well enough to understand his solution)

Edit:Nevertheless, a frontsprocket with fitting offset will be nessecary either...and this offset you will need has to be measured with the wanted rearwheel mounted or at least placed on the axle in the swingarm being well centred..
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
lucky13
Site Newbie

Post by lucky13 »

The actual brake stay that goes from the caliper to the swingarm. The hub width is the same, so i dont expect the caliper mount to be the problem. The sprocket misalignment is taken care of with the yzf600 swingarm swap. You use a kawasaki 636 520 style slroket. Here is the link to the swap info viewtopic.php?f=30&t=563
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by Evilchicken0 »

The 750 front hub is too wide for the standard forks, you don't have room for the brake disks to line with the calipers. If you can find the rest of the 750's front end then the triple clamps should drop into the frame, you might need to have the 600 steering stem pressed in and maybe alter the lock stops.The TRX 850 front wheel is a better fit its the same as the YZF600

The rear will stretch a 160 tyre, and going any lager will slow the handling, so maybe it's better to sell the rear on and get a 600 wheel. The YZF 600 swinger was steel I think ... if you can get a TRX850 they were alloy.
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6
lucky13
Site Newbie

Post by lucky13 »

The Yzf 750 front end has already had the steering stem pressed into the triples before I got it (it came off of a FZR600 already). My questions were regarding either fitting the rear wheel into the YZF600 swingarm or fitting a YZF750 swingarm onto the FZR600