help with my old car

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

90fzr600
Site Newbie

help with my old car

Post by 90fzr600 »

ok sorry if this is in the wrong spot but idk.
im trying to figure out if a 3.4 out of a 96 monte carlo will fit in my 94 3.4 grand prix i have looked all over and cant figure it out. i know there a mec on the forms please help me thanks guys alot.
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: help with my old car

Post by sweekster »

Well yes and no. In a lot of ways they are the same motor The block and heads (and more than likely the transmission) probably are identical. Only thing is the grand prix is OBD1 and the chevy is ODB2. Different setup and you'd need the wiring harness and such. I'd look for motors from 94-95 cars (like the Lumina or Cutlass Supremem or Gran Prix) as 95 was the last year for OBD1. There's probably a way to convert the 96 motor to OBD1 though. Not something I know how to do.

Hope that helps
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Is there anything you don't know, Duane?
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

check if there the same block might just need to swap the intake to use the origional sensors. to keep the onboard diagnostic gen 1 most junkyards have a interchange book that will tell you what will fit i was going to get one till i found out its like 5000 bucks for one. also 96 was the year the gov. regulated the auto diagnostic system to help narrow down your search
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants