This is my road bike guys

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: This is my road bike guys

Post by mossy1200 »

old_school wrote:she's a beauty! What year?
2008 June.I wanted the last of the carb model.The injected model is to hard and expensive to grunt up.Costs three times as much to acheive 75hp as the carb models.just clocked 2500km so about 1500miles so far.
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

i love old school bikes that haul ass.. :) i saw your bike and started looking on ebay at the 70's KZ900's, not as classic as the 70 brit bikes but very cool.. I would also like to own a brit bike with flipped controls..(brake and shifter) i think most of those where from the 60's..
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by mossy1200 »

Funny thing is shifter and brake on the new side but chain is rt and brake is on left.Classic style look with standard new gear shift controls.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mossy1200 wrote:Funny thing is shifter and brake on the new side but chain is rt and brake is on left.Classic style look with standard new gear shift controls.[
Mossy,
that is one nice bonnie apart from the carbs it looks stone stock like my old '63 do they still leak oil ? :-}

and in America that is not the kinda pussy they are referring too LoL
mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by mossy1200 »

yamaha_george wrote:
mossy1200 wrote:Funny thing is shifter and brake on the new side but chain is rt and brake is on left.Classic style look with standard new gear shift controls.[
Mossy,
that is one nice bonnie apart from the carbs it looks stone stock like my old '63 do they still leak oil ? :-}

Only one leek in the first 200miles.They still have copper base gasket.Retorqued down at first service.No leeks now.
Need to give you triumph oil rag with every bike.LOL
When a old triumph doesnt leek you know you need oil.LOL
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mossy1200 wrote:
yamaha_george wrote:
Mossy,

Only one leek in the first 200miles.They still have copper base gasket.Retorqued down at first service.No leeks now.
Need to give you triumph oil rag with every bike.LOL
When a old triumph doesnt leek you know you need oil.LOL

Yup the brits were the first to re-cycle oil (pour contents of drip tray back into oil tank :-}