yet another new bike 81 DT175

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: yet another new bike 81 DT175

Post by yamaha_george »

Dr Rockso wrote:well the rt180 is the same engine , so the bottle , intake , and hose have already been setup to work for mine from yamaha . they even use the same exhaust , actually the only thing that changed on the rt besides the lighting being removed is the jetting . i just have to get it tuned right but i figured i better put on all the stuff i'm putting on it before i tune it . i don't claim to know anything more than basic tuning , i can take it back off if you think it'll be a problem , but i sure do like what it did to my idle adjustability . it didn't seem right to me that bottoming the idle screw into the carb was only good enough for 1000rpm .
Doc,
I would be looking for the RT carb jet settings or an RT carb itself but not in california !! and work with that as abase. the easiest carb I found was the model 18L Dt with its fat pipe and superior carb (different casting entirely ) see my patriot pic for the fat pipe look I had it fitted with the supertrap end can and that proved to be a real power house bike with the end plates set at high number 7 or 9 so if I remember right.
Dr Rockso
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by Dr Rockso »

i'm not really trying to supe it up any more than the derestricted exhaust and the boost bottle . i just want it to rev all the way up and it's totally hitting a brick wall at 7k in neutral , 6k on the road ....which is right when it starts making power , it sucks .
Got busted plastics ??? go here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Dr Rockso wrote:i'm not really trying to supe it up any more than the derestricted exhaust and the boost bottle . i just want it to rev all the way up and it's totally hitting a brick wall at 7k in neutral , 6k on the road ....which is right when it starts making power , it sucks .
Doc,
I would still be looking at the RT carb specs though just to give me a base line.