The XS1100 Winter Project has officially begun!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: The XS1100 Winter Project has officially begun!

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I unfortunately have not made much progress on Juggy thanks to all my other vehicles deciding to hate me at once. But today I got some goodies in that Ive been waiting for. My slave cylinder mount and my upper triple.

Here's the salve cylinder mount. Its made from 5/16" aluminum and has fancy Ti bolts

Here's the triple. 7076 T6, accomodates up to a 1-5/8" drop of the tubes to raise the front end since the Busa forks are so short. I need to shave a little here and there for final fitment, but overall Im happy.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Freeze,

who did the triple? You or one of the guys here ?
looking darn good I love the polish work , pity you did not wash your hands for the shot it shows in the reflection LoL
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

yamaha_george wrote:Freeze,

who did the triple? You or one of the guys here ?
looking darn good I love the polish work , pity you did not wash your hands for the shot it shows in the reflection LoL

Modking made it. If there's finger prints on the polish, it wasnt me, I havent touched the polished surface yet, I always handle it from the backside. The triple, however, is sandblasted and has picked up fingerprints from handling, even with clean hands. I thought the triple was going to be polished, but it turns out not, so I guess I will paint it or something, I dont know yet, Im not very excited about the idea.
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

I love USD fork goodness on an old bike. But that front end could snap that frame in half!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

[quote="mrfreeze5"

Modking made it. If there's finger prints on the polish, it wasnt me, I havent touched the polished surface yet, I always handle it from the backside. The triple, however, is sandblasted and has picked up fingerprints from handling, even with clean hands. I thought the triple was going to be polished, but it turns out not, so I guess I will paint it or something, I dont know yet, Im not very excited about the idea.[/quote]

Mr.F,
no I meant that the polish is so high you could see grease on your hands ..

ModKing huh, say no more

The one thing if you powder coat, be sure to tape off the fork holes WELL, cleaning over "spray" so they will now fit the stantions is NO FUN. do not ask how I know !
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

yamaha_george wrote:[quote="mrfreeze5"

Modking made it. If there's finger prints on the polish, it wasnt me, I havent touched the polished surface yet, I always handle it from the backside. The triple, however, is sandblasted and has picked up fingerprints from handling, even with clean hands. I thought the triple was going to be polished, but it turns out not, so I guess I will paint it or something, I dont know yet, Im not very excited about the idea.

Mr.F,
no I meant that the polish is so high you could see grease on your hands ..

ModKing huh, say no more

The one thing if you powder coat, be sure to tape off the fork holes WELL, cleaning over "spray" so they will now fit the stantions is NO FUN. do not ask how I know !

Oh, haha, yeah that. My arms and hands are stained from suspension and transmission work all week on my Jeep. No matter how much I scrub and wash, it all doesnt come off. In fact, there are still a few spots around my fingernails and wrist creases that are still dingy looking.