Board issues or just me?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Board issues or just me?

Post by kilika2 »

I noticed that we don't have the view new topics link at the top and that is ok with me. So I'm assuming that some board work was recently done.

My worries are these: When I log in with my android or ipod it always has me logged out and I have to sign in. When I sign in with the ipod and click "auto log me in" It comes back with an invalid credentials message. Also when I click on a link from the view active topics it automatically takes me to the bottom of the page and acts like I'm about to do a reply. So I have to scroll back up to the top. This happens on all the PCs I check on not just the android and ipod.

Anyone else with these problems? my OSs range from xp-win7. If that helps.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Board issues or just me?

Post by ragedigital »

kilika2 wrote:I noticed that we don't have the view new topics link at the top and that is ok with me.
Chris - This was my doing. Even though it stated "View New Topics", it was really showing "Active topics". This allowed us to show both the "new" and "active" topics together. What it did was increase participation on topics that people may have missed or wanted to comment on later.
kilika2 wrote:My worries are these: When I log in with my android or ipod it always has me logged out and I have to sign in. When I sign in with the ipod and click "auto log me in" It comes back with an invalid credentials message
Don't have either type of phone. Hopefully someone else can help with this.
kilika2 wrote:Also when I click on a link from the view active topics it automatically takes me to the bottom of the page and acts like I'm about to do a reply. So I have to scroll back up to the top. This happens on all the PCs I check on not just the android and ipod.
My guess is that you're using Internet Explorer. There is an option somewhere that takes your cursor to the first available "text box". I will try to find that option...
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Chris,
If you use Firefox that cursor at the bottom of the page will go away (so will a lot of other idiotic stuff LoL)
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

yamaha_george wrote:Chris,
If you use Firefox that cursor at the bottom of the page will go away (so will a lot of other idiotic stuff LoL)
I tried Ff once and didn't like it. It was a long time ago and I was young so it probably was just me not wanting to try something new. I might run through it again. Maybe try Google Chrome while I'm at it.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

kilika2 wrote:Maybe try Google Chrome while I'm at it.
I dislike FireFox too. Too outdated for my taste. Chrome is where it's at - fast and beautiful!

If you use Chrome, get the "Speed Dial" extension. I personally can't live without it.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ragedigital wrote:
kilika2 wrote:Maybe try Google Chrome while I'm at it.
I dislike FireFox too. Too outdated for my taste. Chrome is where it's at - fast and beautiful!

If you use Chrome, get the "Speed Dial" extension. I personally can't live without it.
Maybe "outdated" as you put it but it does not have a load of geegaw crap hung all over it , depends on your life style if you are a "tweet" well Chrome is where its at LoL
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

yamaha_george wrote:Maybe "outdated" as you put it but it does not have a load of geegaw crap hung all over it , depends on your life style if you are a "tweet" well Chrome is where its at LoL
Chrome is as clean as you get - the minimalist style is why I like it. Not sure what version you're looking at. No Tweeter here...

Return to “Concerns & Requests for Support”