Suggestion: Pay-it-forward Section

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Nunya_Binnez
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Suggestion: Pay-it-forward Section

Post by Nunya_Binnez »

I frequent other forums, one of my favorites being a Suzuki Samurai forum. I find this community to be very much like the Samurai community...friendly, helpful, etc.

That said, one of the sections that impressed me on the Samurai forum was under the classifieds area and called "Pay-it-forward". Simple really, if a member has something they don't need, they offer it up to the other members for the cost of shipping with the stipulation that the recipient pass his good fortune on to another member in need, if and when he has an opportunity. Requests can also be submitted in the thread in case someone has a need and another member has the item in question, but just didn't think to post it's availability. I am unaware of any canofworms issues that have been related to the section.

Don't misunderstand. I don't think there is anything WRONG with the current format. I just think that it would be a nice addition and speaks to the nature of the members of this community. I, for example, have some Items I would offer up to a member in need, as I am sure most of us would.

Kick it around.

NDB

ETA: could be a sticky thread in one of the existing sections.
1993 FZR600 (Currently doing a frame-off buildup)
Nunya's '93 Resto-mod Build [TMI?]

"When life gives you lemons...you probably just FOUND lemons." - Bo Burnham