A suggestion for selling to the MOD's

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

A suggestion for selling to the MOD's

Post by McFizzer »

Just a quick suggestion as I was browsing abouts the R1 forum and found they had rules for selling bikes that I thought we should make mandated. Alot of us see bikes posted and no pictures or just a very vague discription along with no location as YG points out.

They require you to take mandatory pictures of all angles of the bike along with a discription on what has been done and accident's etc.

I think it would be helpful to buyers too know the history of a bike along with seeing from all angles. After all we aren't just a hop skip and a jump away to check out a bike. Also from a sellers point the more you add the more someone knows thus helping the sale.

I think we should have a thing that you must take pictures from, front, back, left front, left rear, right rear, right front and of course odometer. A description of course, a VIN as this way a buyer could check accident reports on it(optinal or course), and last but not least a location and contact number or email. It's very aggravating seeing something for sale and not having a slightest of clue where its at. As you say YG and alot of us know there are many differences between bikes from around the world let alone from state to state.

Just my my2cents that i wanted to add that would make it alot easier on both ends.

If you belong to the forum, then you have an email address and if you have one of those its extremely simple to add a photobucket account... Dont have a camera? well Im sure there is SOMEONE you know who is willing to lend you it to take pictures. It would make me unpleasant to recieve something that didn't look the job it was discribed.

If you have trouble, im sure one the mods wouldn't mind inserting pictures for you.

If you dont follow guidelines or have some blurry/unclear pictures, you should get a warning and if not corrected the add get yanked.

I dont know what you guys think of this but, I, personally think it would make things go alot smoother.

:yutugh2:

:edit: thanks for the move, I missed the suggestion section....cheers haha
1992 FZR 1000
:Under serious re-construction:
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: A suggestion for selling to the MOD's

Post by ragedigital »

We've been down this road before. The Site Directors wanted the following simple statement which is posted above the selling areas:

Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.
McFizzer wrote:Alot of us see bikes posted and no pictures or just a very vague discription along with no location as YG points out.
Then I would never buy the item. That will send a quick and easy message to the seller. It is only logical to have a ton of photos of your bike, parts, whatever... and the seller knows this. If they are dumbfounded as to why their item is not selling, then they really need to get their head out of their arse. A quick post of "This thread is worthless without pics" will probably help clue the seller in.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by McFizzer »

this is true. I did notice that above the selling section, I guess I just got tired of seeing it and seeing it and wanted to post something about it. On the R1 forum(not a member, just creep) they seem to take it very seriously. I can see how if someone get pissed and lashes out.

It amazes me how people expect to sell something with a discription of
Example:

"FZR 600, 13,000 miles, runs good"

and thats it... REALLY?! I you WANT to sell this...okay... hahah

As a Sales manager it aggravates me I guess. Meh, People do what they want to do I guess..
1992 FZR 1000
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Trust me, it's annoying to all of us... BUT, if the seller really wants to sell something, then they should probably take it serious and at the very least show some darn photos!
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
Moppinz93fzr
Site Newbie

Post by Moppinz93fzr »

You have my vote, no weak adds.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ragedigital wrote:Trust me, it's annoying to all of us... BUT, if the seller really wants to sell something, then they should probably take it serious and at the very least show some darn photos!
RD,
+5 on that.
you have to realise "Joe Public" is a slow learner

How many times a week to I have to ask that people put in their location just for a tech question let alone sales. PM's ignored and an email and they think you are flaming them not trying to help them buy or sell :duh: banghead :swear
McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by McFizzer »

I understand George, you've rubbed off on me with it.. well worth a try. Thought it would be nice to just prove a point and make it easier. Thanks for taking the time out guys :)

Cheers!
1992 FZR 1000
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

If sellers don't have/state their location, then it's not only a waste of peoples time, it's also a waste of bandwidth.

For example:

FZR600 for sale blah blah........ after several PM's of negotiations.

OK how do I get the bike, "It's in Hawaii" It may as well be on Mount Everest