a quick stretch of Blood Mountain

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

pardon the wind noise and yes I know the engine sounds bad, had a plug fouled from bad gas and haven't replaced it yet.

http://vimeo.com/32364958
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: a quick stretch of Blood Mountain

Post by old_school »

Cool video. Looks like a fun ride! I want to get a small hd camera.. I'm thinking of the contour hd.. They are down to about 100 bucks
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

Cool video. Looks like a fun ride! I want to get a small hd camera.. I'm thinking of the contour hd.. They are down to about 100 bucks
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
cowboi
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by cowboi »

will what kinda cam did you have , great video sounds not real bad either.
When all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth......S.Holmes

78 CB750A
96 FZR600R
00 YZF R1
04 YZF R6
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

thanks guys

I bought a cheap mount from amazon and stuck my point and shoot on it, figured since my phone is my main snapshot taker these days I wouldn't be out much if it ate pavement or got wet. The quality wasn't bad but I upconverted in windows movie maker and it turned out really good in my opinion, I was even able to make it into 1080p but the file was too big for the free vimeo account.

camera
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-LZ8 ... 737&sr=8-1

mount
http://www.amazon.com/PEDCO-P-UCA-Pedco ... 111&sr=1-1

I'd like a gopro or contour, I like the durability of the gopro but I've seen comparison test and I think the contour handles light changes better and has better colors. You just have to buy a case for the contour if you want to be waterproof and I'm pretty sure the gopro comes with one. Getting ready for grad school so neither is a priority right now.

and two complaints about the panasonic, it would shut off spontaneously so I had a collections of 2 or 3 minute clips while I geared up and even if you have a larger SD card it only records in 22 minute increments so you have to remember to reset it when you're riding.
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

will,
That's funny, i have done similar video recording with my sony and they came out great! I was shooting video on lake mead hanging on to a jet ski doing about 60.. it came out great..
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

The point and shoots from the past few years do a decent job, particularly coupled with editing technology that can improve it. The mount allows for great articulation, it's just a little large but I had a decent rear facing angle on the chain side but the camera of course shut off.

I've got mostly clear skies and weather in the 60's and 70's today so I'm going to try and get back out there for more footage and angles.