Members meet, Pics...56k warning!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Re: Members meet, Pics...56k warning!

Post by _Will_ »

and finally the video from Chris and I, was surprised how far back I am since it felt like I was riding his tail most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0dAPoQU8M

it was a chill run but really from watching this I saw just how deep I was going into a corner, I purposefully go deep for safety and to make it a bit more fun but that was extreme. I worked on new lines and improved body position this time and drastically improved my corner speed, made for a lot more fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AOz99dM63k

Chris following his Uncle

and not us but a 90 FZR600, an F2, a GSXR750, and an FZR400 from back in 91, they'll all over the lines but you'll notice they don't do it around the blind corners. That 400 was impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVkI7-N4UEw
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

That last video is far more entertaining than me haha. @5:32 'note to self stay off the pretty black pavement.' I love the sound anywhere after 7 mins.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

reelrazor wrote:Dammit, I'm jealous...

Whyn't some of you guys plan a northbound trip and play with me??

I'll show you some roads.........
I just bought that new truck I could pick up Will and head up there. Haha

Chris
ImageImageImage

Mike D
Site Newbie

Post by Mike D »

Some stunning convertions guys! Love to get some FZR riders out in my dark side of the world together for a ride, but that's not likely, as I stay in the most southern tip of Africa, where we surf the waves more than the highways - best of luck guys and ride safe! :thumbsup:
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Man have you two been quiet or what?? Robs bike has since been painted (or decals removed) and you're on what, if memory serves, is your 6th Duc (3rd Monster?) and then you bust out pics of yet another "Rob and Bill" trip. Awesome either way just figured I give ya some guilt really quick. :cheers:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

I was on blood mountain briefly Friday (wasn't feeling it) and on Monday so we just missed each other. How was 60? Last time I was there the gravel made it worthless. Try 348 aka Richard Russel scenic hwy next time you're here. It's nice and twisty, I like 180 but the pavement overworked my suspension too much so I rarely hit it.
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

The slowpokes are always a drag but can provide some laughter, last week I saw a group of baggers headed south on blood mountain and they had a guy in a ten speed just chilling behind them like he was part of the crew.

Monday was packed but thankfully everyone was cool, good rider camaraderie and only one trooper working it. Downside was someone left a strip of oil down the road, not enough to cause any slippage but I'm sure it made it a bit more treacherous when it rained yesterday. My tires were going off about then anyway so I called it a day.
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

Correction, I was thinking Friday but was actually there Saturday (it's been a long weekend). I was scrolling thorough squidfoto and laughed when I saw I was some of their last shots on camera D before 1 when they caught me headed home.
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

I took off around 10, if their picture are posted chronologically I'm guessing you two were rotating around 1 . Good to know there are some other board members on the mountain ether way. I need to post up more when I'm heading out, it's often last minute but you never know. We need more board meets, it's getting to be the right season. I'll probably be there tomorrow morning if I'm not working, supposed to be in the 60's around 8am and the recent rain will make for a grippy road.

And I'm jealous of your suits, I'm in school as well (for education) and haven't found the budget for one yet. I'm a difficult fit to make matters worse
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

It takes me about 2.5 hours or so to get to Deal's Gap and I can be on top of blood mountain in under an hour. Coming from Tampa it's spoiled me and there was a real learning curve I'm happy to have behind me.

I'm 6'5" and 260, I'm doubtful but let me know. Some extra protection couldn't hurt
tomsljr
Site Newbie

Post by tomsljr »

and not us but a 90 FZR600, an F2, a GSXR750, and an FZR400 from back in 91, they'll all over the lines but you'll notice they don't do it around the blind corners. That 400 was impressive
That video was shot back when there were about 15 cars a day on the road. I know the guy who shot that video. And the guy on the 400? I rode with him up there Monday night. He's on a GSXR 1000 now and very fast. But he did win a national endurance championship on the 400 you see in the video. I am taking him an extra transmission I have so he can get that old Fizzer back on the road. I need him to get it fixed, I need a playmate.
1990 FZR400 with some mods
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

that's pretty cool that all these years later the same people are still riding the area and by now I'd hope he was super quick

and a pair of fzr 400's roaming deals gap would be such a win
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

I recently had some training to do in St Louis, and Darrin, ragedigital, was nice enough to come over and meet me. He introduced me to a place called Bandana's. Don't ask why there are no FZRs in the picture. :headscratch: :whistle

Chris.
ImageImageImage