My strangely coloured FZR1000

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Banned
Site Newbie

My strangely coloured FZR1000

Post by Banned »

Hello!

Here is my FZR1000 -92. I´ve had it for three years now. Before that it belonged to my father. He lost interest on that bike because it needed some bigger maintenance to do. But that was no problem to me, so I thank´d and fix´d and keep the bike for my self.

I don´t know history for that colour? Never seen another painted like this. Bike is originally brought from Germany. Did Yamaha even make that kind of colour theme? Rear rim is original violet. Front rim is somekind of orange. Rest of graphics are bright pink and violet. Colours are under varnish layer and pretty sunburned on tank etc. That´s why I think those are original or made at the early years of that bike. Someone had also changed brake lines to braided ones. Banjo bolts have same violet colour that Yamaha used. Front fender is made from carbon fiber. Can anyone help me find out what this bike is about, or is this some kind of Miami Vice Günther vision :D

Here is some pictures about the bike.

Finnish summer

I did short five days roadtrip at 2011.

I think we all know what is happening. Little valve adjustment, needle jet replacing etc...
Last edited by Banned on Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha FZR 1000 -92
Honda CRF 250 R -05
Honda CRF 250 X -11
Rooster
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: My strangely coloured FZR1000

Post by Rooster »

Well first thing to do is say Hi.

As for the colours of your bike I would have to say that you would hope to hear from some of the forum members that are from the area in Europe where that bike may have been sold because there is no way of knowing if it's stock for absolutely sure without a way to contact it's original place of sale. That being said maybe the registry department in Germany could do a title search on the vin# and tell you if it was ever registered in any other colour. Maybe your Yamaha dealer in your area would be kind enough to run the vin# and see what the factory details on it were.
Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Hi
I know, this might be a kind of grave-diggin :D , but i guess the previous owner (or one of the owners before him) took the design available at http://www.stardesignracing.com/ak/komp ... mset33.htm even in a different colorshape to put it on a black recolored FZR ;)
There was a black/red design for the genesis here in Europe but this also had red wheels and different shapes of the decals...the black design with lilac wheels had other shapes for the decals...so i guess it was a selfmade colordesign of one of the previous owners with shapes of the originaldesign ;)
An overview about the Modeldesigns of the FZR 1000 available in Europe is here: http://www.fzr-forum.de/technikfaq/inde ... artlang=de
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
Banned
Site Newbie

Post by Banned »

Thank you! You solved that great mystery :D Shapes are definitely from there.
Yamaha FZR 1000 -92
Honda CRF 250 R -05
Honda CRF 250 X -11
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Yo, sometimes a solution for a problem might take some time..and for rare problems sometimes some more time ;)
And most times there is a solution..even if its not neccesary an ecominical...:D
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)