New to FZR's & FZR Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

AshE1990
Site Newbie

New to FZR's & FZR Forum

Post by AshE1990 »

Hi fellow FZR owners. I have recently purchased a beautiful FZR600 Genisis 1995 (N).
I'm just here to say hi and read what iv have let my self in for ;).
Anything I should know about these bikes at all ( other than the weight haha )

Thanks in advance Ashley
Attachments
image.jpg
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: New to FZR's & FZR Forum

Post by TomcatMJ »

Hi!
That seems to be a FZR 600 R (in the US already called YZF 600, the Model before YZF 600 Thundercat) with 98 PS / 72 kW, the Model after the FZR 600 Genesis which has 91 PS / 67 kW. Its identifyable by the Foxeye-Headlights instead of the dual Round or single trapezoid Headlight of the Genesis. Nevertheless its looking nice and has different colorscheme than the ones i've seen driving around here in Germany ;)
Compare with http://tinyurl.com/owl67sr if you want to see the other colorschemes i talked about ;)

cya,
Tom
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Re: New to FZR's & FZR Forum

Post by willandrip »

We would call that a FZR600R in the UK.
It's model designation is 4JH.

I know the US do call them YZF which sometimes gets confusing on an international forum.
Which is the reason why location should be filled in on members profiles.

I have one;

(Pre refurb)

Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.