1989 FZR400 Street/Track Combo

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
slickwill
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

1989 FZR400 Street/Track Combo

Post by slickwill »

SOLD: 1989 FZR400. Track / Street combo. SOLD.

- New one piece oil containment lower with 1/4 turn fasteners.
- Brand new Spiegler SS brake lines just installed.
- Brand new EBC clutch kit installed last week
- Vance & Hines full system installed (sounds awesome) as well as a complete spare Vance & Hines full system.
- Dynojet jet and needle kit.
- All plastics/fiberglass with new white paint.
- Freshly rebuilt Fox Twin Clicker shock, less than 10 (edit: 20) miles since rebuild.
- Second set of clip on bosses so that you can quickly and easily swap from above to below the triple clamps for street or track use.
- Spare "track only" cluster with the speedo removed and everything relocated so that the controls clear when the clip ons are moved to the lower position below the triple clamp. Stock cluster in excellent shape.
- Removable foot peg relocation brackets that move the pegs up and back.
- Spare undertail with all excess cut off for track use. Swaps out from the street version in 5-10 min. Allows quick easy removal of rear turn signals and license plate.
- Safety wired or drilled for safety wire just about everywhere.
- "New" starter, "new" starter gears, "new" fuel pump.
- Clutch perch/lever replaced with a new R6 unit so that an upgraded lever can be swapped in (all stock parts included). If I was going to make one mod to this bike it would be an R6 master for better performance and so that you could run ASV or similar levers.
- Quick disconnect for fuel line allows easy tank removal.
- Complete spare frame with title in my name. I have the title for the bike as well but the prior owner never got it titled in his name and I haven't had the time to go through the extra process to get it put in my name. I had planned to swap the frames but never got that far.
- Tires with almost no wear but of unknown age. Probably acceptable for light street use, wouldn't take them to the track.
- Huge pile of spares including tail section, tank cover, headlight unit, airbox, throttle cables, rear wheel, and a lot of other junk.

SOLD!!
...dude you ride an offroad bike with slicks, 1/2 the weight of a GS, double the suspension, with a browning 50 cal going off 32" from your skull as a daily freaking driver - I'd expect anything except a nitro dragbike to be bland by comparison - SSG
slickwill
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: 1989 FZR400 Street/Track Combo

Post by slickwill »

SOLD.
...dude you ride an offroad bike with slicks, 1/2 the weight of a GS, double the suspension, with a browning 50 cal going off 32" from your skull as a daily freaking driver - I'd expect anything except a nitro dragbike to be bland by comparison - SSG