FZR 600 for sale

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

FZR 600 for sale

Post by RCPlayland »

I am first seeing if I should sell the bike as a whole. I will include the good and bad of everything I can think of.
Some of the mods include

Full Vance & Hines Exhaust (does have some rust/damage at the lowest front point, ask for pics)
Stage 3 jets
Vance & Hines ECU (brain box for those who don't know, very rare!!! dip switches to change on the fly)
Digital Vapor gauges (needs to be traced down on a grounding problem, worked when put in storage, but not now... could be due to dead watch battery in it)
Due to changing the analog gauges to digital... I made a diamond aluminum plate to cover where the analog gauges used to go.

*All LED lights work perfectly!
LED rear turn signals and brake lights.
LED (blue) mod lights
LED (white) mod lights (in the intake of the ram air)

Vance & Hines billet stator cover (very rare) ** I also have an extra one that I put away, just in case I needed a spare.

Frame/Swingarm/and Rims are all powdercoated Anodized, Metallic blue with metal flake. Rims have the very outer edge polished to chrome finish.
(*front rim has slight scratch on once of the arms due to when I brought it home, one of the tie down ratchets got caught in it as I back the bike off the trailer... damn it!)

Seats are covered with 1950's style diner vinyl with metal flake in the material.
Dual air horn installed under the seat.
***Now I know this is very odd for some... but I installed a 4 port cigarette lighter splitter on the tank/next to the triple tree. For GPS, Cellphone, ... ect. charging)***

Chrome Yamaha bar ends
Royal Blue windscreen
Fairings/Cowlings... are in decent shape... Solid, but nothing special about them. I have done repairs to some of them, and some are without any damage.
Rear fairing (holding the chrome skull tail light) has damage.. easy repair, and won't fall off...
Chrome engine bolt kit. (hex head)

Polished front forks (They need new seals, I have them... but put it in storage before I installed them).
Rear foot rests anodized blue (Not really a good mod... they are sub par and in my opinion suck... I was going to change them out again for a better quality peg)
Brake lines upgraded to clear braided stainless steel with red anodized ends
Modified Fox Twin clicker shock (This shock was intended for a Kawasaki 600-700cc bike. The mounts still should be modified even better than what I have done.... I rode it for about a year like this and then put in to storage. I never got around to fully modifying the mounts the way I wanted to.... more secure with tighter tolerances)

Functionality...
After 2 years of storage and periodically starting it up about once a month... she still starts up and runs like a raped ape... even with these problems listed below.

Carbs "should" be gone through....
emulsion tubes are probably worn
not sure on the jets... but very reactive, but can load up on the low side if riding at 2k-4krpm. They smell like the floats might be sticking and dumping fuel.

Clutch is fine for some romping around, but can slip if your trying to pop a wheelie with a clutch drop.
brakes are excellent
Tires are slightly used.. I would guess only 1/4 of life used, 3/4 life left in them. I didn't do burn outs or hard slides on the brakes. Lettering is painted by me with a automotive paint pen (chrome pen and a metallic blue pen)

Zero knocks or strange noises from engine. Zero! I rode the bike moderately hard in my opinion very rarely.... This bike was just too big and heavy for my size and strength. So mostly commuting and cruising. Max speed when everything was balanced was 140mph. I got a slight wobble at that speed and didn't want to tank slap or wreck... so I never took it above this after all the modifications.

Battery is good, but over the years it is known that FZR's can have feedback or grounding problems when converting to digital. Not to mention all the extra electrical mods I did to it. I have minimized most problems, besides the digital gauges... a new watch battery in this would probably rectify most of the problem, but I am not sure. It was working 100% when I first installed it.
Chain should be changed out. Still usable for a while, but definitely stretched.

Custom mirrors and tiny chrome skull fairing screws.

***FRAME SLIDERS ARE ONLY FOR LOOKS, NON FUNCTIONAL!!!!*** (There is a write up on how to make these functional, I just didn't finish it. You can find this write up somewhere on the forums here from about 8 years ago).

Oil and spark plugs should be changed along with the air filter cleaned or changed. I can't remember if I put a upgraded air filter on it or not.

So with this all said... you can see she needs some TLC if you want her back to 100% condition with no worries. She is ride-able, but in my opinion I would fix all this before I would ride her. Hence why I want to sell her. I have another motorcycle now that I ride daily, and other projects that demand too much of my time and money.

If I kept this bike, it would just sit in storage for probably another 2-3 years and then I "might" get around to finishing it.

So shoot me an offer or ask if I would part her out with offers on the parts.

I will tell you if there is any problems or damage to anything. I think I covered it all.

Jason AKA:RCPlayland
402-671-0664
Location OMAHA, NE / COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA

I have too much money invested in this bike, that I know I will never get back out of it. Just be reasonable with offers please. I figure the money was the experience I got out of it and I got to enjoy it for 9+ years.

Miles are unknown and years of parts varies.

"Previously Salvaged" Title (In my opinion, more or less a salvage title) Clear title. No liens!
Last edited by RCPlayland on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/rcplayland <-------Click here for myspace webpages of me
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: FZR 600 for sale

Post by RCPlayland »

I have more pictures if wanted... tons of them.

Just ask, pm, text, or call.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

You put a lot of heart and soul into your Fizzer. Good luck with the sale!

Darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by RCPlayland »

Thanks Rage.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Nice looking bike, I cant imagine selling mine with as much work as I have put, I would guess it is the same, wish I was closer.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by RCPlayland »

Best offer so far I have got is $900.

Just putting that out there to see if anyone else would go just a bit higher.

Hate to sell her... but I want this other project even more so!
blackfzr600
Site Newbie

Post by blackfzr600 »

What are you looking to get out of the extra stator cover you have :nopic
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by RCPlayland »

$100 plus shipping.

click link below for the link to the ad.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11036

Sale is pending....
If the other person does not send the money or reply by this weekend. I will let you know.