1989 FZR 400 For Sale 18,131kms Mint

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
trevorsean30
Site Newbie

1989 FZR 400 For Sale 18,131kms Mint

Post by trevorsean30 »

ImageImageImageHi There,
I'm new to the board, but I'm trying to sell my mint condition 1989 FZR 400 bike. I'm the 2nd owner of this bike since 1992 and have only gently used it and kept it garaged always. I have not ridden it for 6 years since my wife and I started a family, and have finally decided that it is time to sell to someone looking for a great example of such a fine and rare bike. The bike is completely stock - even the original exhaust with no rust! I have just gotten if back from the dealer following a tuneup, and they suggested that I post it for sale on this site to find a serious buyer - not just a tire kicker on kijiji or craigslist! Since it has been sitting for several years, it does need new tires and could use some break work - but they tell me the brakes would pass a safety - but not the tires. Everything else is great!

I had thought about selling it a few years back (it even made a posting on Rare Sports Bikes for Sale site, then I changed my mind. The bike is located in Toronto, Canada, and I'm only interested in selling to someone in person who can view the bike and see exactly the condition of the bike for themselves. I'm asking $4800 certified with new tires or $4000 as is sits. I have posted some photos in the gallery section under my username trevorsean30.
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Re: 1989 FZR 400 For Sale 18,131kms Mint

Post by pefrey »

Wow, minty. GLWS.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

That is absolutely beautiful!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
kirbster
Site Newbie

Post by kirbster »

I spoke with you over email. I am so tempted to grab yours it isn't funny! If I hadn't invested so much work into mine, I would be all over it!
I would however, need to find a place to store both of them and for me to live as the wife would have a meltdown for sure!

Good luck with sale. Wish you would have had it up last November when i bought mine.
You can see pics of mine here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10595
1988 FZR400U. I love this thing.
shawndude
Site Newbie

Post by shawndude »

Is this bike still for sale? I got cash burning holes in my pockets :-)

Shawn.
trevorsean30
Site Newbie

Post by trevorsean30 »

Sorry Shawn - the bike sold in June.
Good luck with your search for one!