Selling my CR500r

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
Spyder
Site Newbie

Selling my CR500r

Post by Spyder »

SO.. Heres the stats..

1989 CR500r

All orig plastics (some scratchs, no stitches)
New stock bore wiseco piston
New Hot Rods connecting rod & hardware
New Moose Racing crank bearings
New Factory clutch plates and springs
New oil seals and gaskets inside and out.
New and spare spark plugs
New Dunlop Intermediate rear tire
New FMF Gnarly header pipe
New FMF PowerCore silencer
New fork seals (forks rebuilt)
New air purge valves on the forks
New Moose 2 finger easypull clutch lever (not the inline crap)
New Moose shift lever
New 2 finger front brake lever
New grips
New chain slider

The bike has only been run 32:1 mixture since Ive owned it for maximum protection. 93 Octane and Maxima Castor 927 2 stroke oil. Case is also running Synthetic 10w/40.

Turn the gas on, tip the bike to make sure the float bowl is full, 6-8 REAL SLOW prime kicks to fill the cyl.. 1 MAYBE 2 real kicks and she fires after being stone cold for 3 weeks. This bike WILL stand up in 5th gear with a twist of a wrist, and will come up in every gear fast enough to make you shit yourself.. You wouldnt have enough time to pucker your asshole.

I did not race this bike, just did some track rental days with some friends.

Bike is Located in Rochester, NY. Please contact me at jdoty53@yahoo.com

Needs:

Swingarm bearings, which run about $45.
The kick starter spring needs to get wound one turn tighter
One missing bolt for the Silencer (which Ill probably replace anyways)
The front header needs 2 exhaust springs and the lower mount put on (which Ill end up doing its not an issue)

Asking $2300 or trade for a decent newer CRF 250 or KX250F. The bike is worth this all day long.

Here she is..

Spyder
Site Newbie

Re: Selling my CR500r

Post by Spyder »

Yeah Ive come to find out that I can throw a newer 4 stroke 250 around pretty hard. The only 2 strokes Ive ever owned were 500's, so Im use to having all kinds of power..

BUMP!
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Spyder wrote:Yeah Ive come to find out that I can throw a newer 4 stroke 250 around pretty hard. The only 2 strokes Ive ever owned were 500's, so Im use to having all kinds of power..
It's hard to go back to tiddlers after you get used to an open-classer isn't it? I'd be ALL OVER THIS BIKE OF YOURS if I had any spare $$$. My last four dirtbikes were in order: YZ465, YZ465, Husqy xcr430, and then a CR125.....I couldn't take the 125....."whiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnngggggg" to hillclimb??!!! nah, rather go "grrrrrrruuunt" up the same hill(and then sky the crest).
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
Spyder
Site Newbie

Post by Spyder »

Yeah I hear ya man.. Well let me know if you come across the cash.

BUMP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Spyder
Site Newbie

Post by Spyder »

BUMP! $1950 takes it home people, spread the good word

jdoty53@yahoo.com