what do you guys think...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
bmh5566
Site Newbie

what do you guys think...

Post by bmh5566 »

Found this for sale locally. Info I was able to get...1997, dynojet kit, comes with fz6 swingarm and 17" rim (not installed), 11,xxx miles. I have not seen it yet but apparently has a bad "fuel pump" so will not stay running and needs new tires. What would you offer....
ImageImage
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: what do you guys think...

Post by ragedigital »

Well, as long as it's only the fuel pump that's wrong, it could be an easy fix. I would do a test ride and make certain there isn't an issue with the 2nd gear.

Looks like upgraded slip-on, YZF600 tank and upgraded front rotors with stainless lines.

However, it needs a new paint job and has crappy turn signals. Is there an issue with the idle screw - I wonder why it's not attached.

End of the riding season should keep the price low. My offer, somewhere around $1200-1500

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
Fizzinatorr
Level 6.5
Level 6.5

Post by Fizzinatorr »

1400 tops
8 Bikes so far...more coming too...Image

Finished my 2000 GSXR 750 -> Link here viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3617
tommyj27
Level 9.5
Level 9.5

Post by tommyj27 »

IIRC, fuel pumps are a bit on the pricey side. May want to research that and take it into consideration.
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

i'd say 1500-1800 pretty low miles
FZR 600 "bring back to life" project.... SHE LIVES!!!
FZR manual---->> http://commline.com/FZR/600/MANUAL/
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

hi,
unless it is ridable bid as low as you think you could get away with. My betting is that that engine needs the carbs sorting VERY few people have the time & patients to tune individual pods and get it right !!!!! couple that with a/m slip on and the problem compounds

So you are in for some work or replace the pods with a K & N mono filter in a standard air box.