FZR400/600 hybrid... I've got two

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
Popawilly
Site Newbie

FZR400/600 hybrid... I've got two

Post by Popawilly »

But I can't afford to keep them both. Just testing the waters on which one would have the most interest.

Bike one has clean title with stock 400 frame and suspension (except for emulators and custom spring preload spacer in the forks) with a rebuilt stock FZR600 motor. The motor has less than 1000 miles sense the rebuild. It comes with a street fairing that has the headlights, turn signals and horn all mounted to the fairing with one plug for quick change to the race fairing also included. The rear lights and tag are on one bracket with one quick disconnect plug. It comes with a spare set of wheels and 4 rear sprockets 3 of which are mounted to sprocket carriers for quick gearing change. Its TZ 250 tail looks great and still uses the stock 400 seat. It uses the FZR600 ign box for the lower rev limit and better match advance curve. It has a stock exhaust for neighborhood friendly commutes. This bike was Mid Central Regional Champ in 2005 when it was a 400.

Bike two is a race only, no title, custom bike. It has an R1 upper and lower race fairing with R1 instruments, Ducati tail, GSXR1100 front end and rear wheel (17"), Honda F3 tank, 1990 FZR400 frame, FZR600 motor (stock), WP rear shock and full Hindle exhaust with O2 sensor and monitor for jetting fine tuning.

Both bikes are fully safety wired and ready to rock and roll. I'm only selling one of them and it really doesn't matter which one. Both are great bikes and I REALLY hate to sell either one. I can't afford tires for two race bikes so one of them has to go. Either one should go for around $2500 so let me know if there is any interest. If not that would be cool too. Then I have to keep them. Bikes located in Ozark, AL

Street legal bike in street trim

Race face

Race only bike
jaime
Site Newbie

Re: FZR400/600 hybrid... I've got two

Post by jaime »

Hello, I'm not sure how to do this! I'm the new girl. Jaime. I'm seriously considering a fzr600, and I have some questions, wondering if anyone out there can help me
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

jaime wrote:Hello, I'm not sure how to do this! I'm the new girl. Jaime. I'm seriously considering a fzr600, and I have some questions, wondering if anyone out there can help me
Jaime, If you're interested in the bikes listed in this thread, then ask away. If you have General Questions, then create a new thread in the General Discussion forum.

Popa - Love the bikes! Good luck!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice! that race bike is sexy!

do you know the specifics of how that F3 wheel was made to fit?
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Popawilly wrote:Bikes located in Ozark, AL
Holy freakin' crap! There's another user from southeast Alabama on here! :banana:

I live in Midland City, just between Ozark and Dothan.
We should go for a ride sometime!
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Dude where have you been? :o
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

95FZR600 wrote:3 months go by and he just figures this out? :headscratch:
Hey, in my defense, I've seen alot of users on here, and I seem to have been the only one from Alabama this entire time. I've seen that a couple of ya'll live in Georgia, but frankly my schedule doesn't currently let me take the time to head over there right now. And then this new guy pops up selling a fizzer less than 15 minutes from my house. You'd be excited too if you thought you were the only guy on here within a 2-3 hour ride.

Back to the bike thread; Popawilly those are pretty amazing looking bikes you have there, and if I hadn't just bought my FZR, I would definitely consider one of yours.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

Popawilly

User statistics
Last visited: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:43 pm

------------------------------------------------------

Finch, I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

:rofl: :no :duh:

I get a feeling he isn't going to be posting or checking in very often. :deadhorse:
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
Popawilly
Site Newbie

Post by Popawilly »

Hey folks, I'm still here. Sorry I haven't checked in for a whle. Thanks for the positive reviews of my work. I still have both bike if there is any interest. I haven't advertised them much but I just sold my DR200 commuter bike and the Sport bike riding position is getting rough on my old body. I was leaning more toward moving the street legal bike but after riding it for a couple of weeks I may start pushing the other one and put this one back on the track. Then again, I've got a track day scheduled for the 5th of Oct and after riding the racer, I may be even more uncertain. My favorite one is whichever one I just climbed off. "The Finch", you wanna go to Jennings GP with us? Bring your Fizzer and have some real fun with it. We'll be traveling through your town to get there. e-mail me at popawilly@centurytel.net if interested. There should be three of us going and there is room in the trailer for one more. Splitting the fuel 4 ways is better for all of us. A word of caution though, after a track day, you may not put the bike back on the street and be eager for the next track day. Ask any racer, it is addictive!! Have fun and I'll try to check in more often.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

what are the side/front fairings on the race bike? R1?
Popawilly
Site Newbie

Post by Popawilly »

I've still got both bikes. The race only bike has a 2002 R1 upper and lower fairing. It also has the R1 instruments. I've decided to keep the Street legal bike and let the race only bike go for $1800. I'm looking to get a camper trailer for family trips and more comfortable track days.

ImageImage
Popawilly
Site Newbie

Re: FZR400/600 hybrid... I've got one left

Post by Popawilly »

I sold the race only bike a while ago and now the other one is up for grabs. I'm hoping to get a GSXR750 for track days now that I'm not racing anymore. This bike would be great in WERA V7. I have a Yosh exhaust on the way (used but nice) and a GSXR750 rear wheel if the new owner wants a 17"er on the rear. It hasn't been modified yet but comes complete with brake disc and sprocket carrier. $2250 takes it all.
Popawilly
Site Newbie

Post by Popawilly »

e-mail for pics and info. popawilly@centurytel.net . Thanks.