ATTN: All FZR Archives transplants

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

ATTN: All FZR Archives transplants

Post by fzrbrandon »

Welcome to FZR Online!

First off, please let us know your Archives username if it's different from what you're using here (if it's not a problem). I know it'll help me to know who's who. Secondly, you probably feel a bit like a fish out of water so just take some time to look around in order to get accustomed to the new environment.

If the Archives gets back up and running and you prefer hanging out over there, that's fine. I'll be over there as well (business as usual). However, if it doesn't, just know that this is a great site run by very knowledgeable people who care about it. You should feel right at home in no time.

One last thing, since this site seems to have a substantial number of non-American members (no, we are NOT the only country in the world!), it really IS important that you put your location in your profile.

Without further ado, have a look around, go through the Wiki, and as always, give a shout if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Have fun! :cheers:

Brandon
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
89FIZZER
Site Newbie

Re: ATTN: All FZR Archives transplants

Post by 89FIZZER »

My archives was just my name Scott Bertsch.... Location is SLC utah I think that is in my profile.... checking now :D
"The older I get the faster I was" "rider trumps equipment"
Bikes
89 FZR 600 - long slow work in process
91 KX 60 - for the kiddies
96 CR250 - spare bike or my oldest kiddo's ride
03 YZ 85 - my middle son's bike
03 CRF 450 - My dirt ride
09 KLX 140 - the wifes ride
McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by McFizzer »

I love fzronline... BTW is "Fazermonster" if you guys didn't know from my signature... I actually posted a topic about this in the open discussion.... Shame that Mike can give a rats ass about the archives. Im in vote of both the sites merging. Just my 2 cents...
1992 FZR 1000
:Under serious re-construction:
Fzrmike33
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by Fzrmike33 »

I second that, get the Archives information over here, or sell it to someone who cares about the FZR community, i will gladly take the Archives off his hand and put it to good use.
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

i wonder what the deal is with the archives going down other than probably not paying for the domain or something like that. bonkonhead it would be nice if it came back up cus i spent a lot of time on that site lol
Yamaha Certified Technician

But i also work on Ducati's Bmw's Moto Guzzi's and Mv Agusta's Ect.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

racerd14666 wrote:i spent a lot of time on that site
We all did, but the same thing occurred a couple years back. I had over a couple thousand posts there. After it went down, I didn't feel my monetary donation to the site was being used wisely.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

i went on the site everyday whether just to read up on info,or have a laugh.this site seems cool,i just need to learn to navigate on here a little better,still get lost and confused.ive kept my archives name,no point changing i guess.anyways glad to be here,or somewhere anyways.my 400 engine will need a teardown through the winter,so im gonna be here alot.cheers lads
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

ragedigital wrote:
racerd14666 wrote:i spent a lot of time on that site
We all did, but the same thing occurred a couple years back. I had over a couple thousand posts there. After it went down, I didn't feel my monetary donation to the site was being used wisely.
i feel the same way about the donations, but i mean if the site was in dire need of money to keep it up and going why not start a donation drive or something to keep it going oh yeah that means we would hear from mike :yikes:

i kinda hope the archives come back up cus this site bugs me with the damn smileys making it so you have to scroll down to click post and the fact that you cant add picture attachments and have to use a 3rd party site banghead , and that takes away from the site cus im sure there are others like me who are just like i dont feel like posting pics cus thats to much effort (or in my case photobucket isnt workign properly)

thatkid

Post by thatkid »

racerd there's a gallery here GALLERY INFO: POSTING PHOTOS, ETC...

I use my own site for photo hosting tho

Nice to cya here
Mal.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

racerd14666 wrote:i kinda hope the archives come back up cus this site bugs me with the damn smileys making it so you have to scroll down to click post and the fact that you cant add picture attachments and have to use a 3rd party site , and that takes away from the site cus im sure there are others like me who are just like i dont feel like posting pics cus thats to much effort (or in my case photobucket isnt workign properly)

I agree with the Smileys and the ones displayed are being reduced as we speak. Also, you can now attach files...

How's that for service with a smile?
Attachments
1993-fzr600.jpg
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

not to shabby lol, now if we could only get it to resize large images to the thumbnails clickable box things

fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

ragedigital wrote:
racerd14666 wrote:i kinda hope the archives come back up cus this site bugs me with the damn smileys making it so you have to scroll down to click post and the fact that you cant add picture attachments and have to use a 3rd party site , and that takes away from the site cus im sure there are others like me who are just like i dont feel like posting pics cus thats to much effort (or in my case photobucket isnt workign properly)

I agree with the Smileys and the ones displayed are being reduced as we speak. Also, you can now attach files...

How's that for service with a smile?
Hey! How the heck did you do that??? LOL! Seriously, this is one reason why I've never really put up many pics here. Now I can??? Well, hot damn! :headbang:
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

fzrbrandon wrote:Hey! How the heck did you do that??? LOL! Seriously, this is one reason why I've never really put up many pics here. Now I can??? Well, hot damn!
All you have to do is ask... Not everything is possible, but we never know what people want/need until they request it.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Not to mention you have a gallery you can upload pictures into and link to posts with the g2Img button. That will resize the images for you on upload.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

thatkid wrote:Not to mention you have a gallery you can upload pictures into and link to posts with the g2Img button. That will resize the images for you on upload.
This I know about and is my usual method. Thanks for mentioning it though! :thumbsup:
Image Image