Before GEORGE kills you.... (Location, Location, Location!)

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Before GEORGE kills you.... (Location, Location, Location!)

Post by ragedigital »

or at the very least scolds you mercilessly.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... Fill out your LOCATION in your profile. This really does help us help you. There are different models of FZR out there and knowing where you live helps us identify what bike you may have. Also, this is a community, and being such, there are plenty of people who help out a fellow rider when they know they live close.

Thanks!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Before GEORGE kills you....

Post by yamaha_george »

ragedigital wrote:or at the very least scolds you mercilessly.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... Fill out your LOCATION in your profile. This really does help us help you. There are different models of FZR out there and knowing where you live helps us identify what bike you may have. Also, this is a community, and being such, there are plenty of people who help out a fellow rider when they know they live close.

Thanks!

darrin
He's watching you from the shadows ...........................................
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Attention ALL New folks:-
The profile area asks you for a LOCATION we did not put it there for a joke!!

We ask for a location because as I have had to point out too many times this week the list is WORLD WIDE not just a "states thing"

If you need help it is good to know what area of the world you are in to get an idea of the model of FZR, if your selling then I would need to be very desperate to ship stuff half way round the darn planet (not that that has not happened) but it gives the buyer a chance to think about his shipping costs .

A number of the people on the Forum meet up to ride /wrench / drink etc so if you are a social animal ..........................
WSM
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by WSM »

+1 (bump)
(make this thing a "sticky" already!)
1998 FZR600
All Original, except for a custom saddlebag set up. A machine shop buddy of mine seamlessly fitted two GS bags on the rear end for last summers ride.
30,000+ odo
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Before GEORGE kills you.... (Location, Location, Location!)

Post by ragedigital »

WSM wrote:(make this thing a "sticky" already!)
Done...
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

you should make it mandatory in the signup to state your region
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

shredex wrote:you should make it mandatory in the signup to state your region
"my name is Shred, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

in a world with ever decreasing privacy some people may want to be more protective of theirs, I didn't mind when George asked me because I'm not worried about people knowing I'm in Tampa FL. If people don't want to share, it's their loss in getting help and more importantly their choice. George ask people to and it educates some, but I don't think they should HAVE to do it.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

_Will_ wrote:

in a world with ever decreasing privacy some people may want to be more protective of theirs, I didn't mind when George asked me because I'm not worried about people knowing I'm in Tampa FL. If people don't want to share, it's their loss in getting help and more importantly their choice. George ask people to and it educates some, but I don't think they should HAVE to do it.

well I don't mean specific location...just like USA or UK and have under the selection "Please state your territory as it helps us understand your motorcycle better due to model differences..." or something...doesnt even have to be mandatory...just but a statement like that underneath the location setting.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

shredex wrote:
_Will_ wrote:

well I don't mean specific location...just like USA or UK and have under the selection "Please state your territory as it helps us understand your motorcycle better due to model differences..." or something...doesnt even have to be mandatory...just but a statement like that underneath the location setting.
Shred,
That is a good idea but USA & UK is a bit pointless in a way as we are trying to get folks to get together on a local level as well as not every one has the same skill set.

Darrin Et Al
Perhaps State + USA & County + UK .
with the explanation underneath as to why we ask for it ?

That way if i know some one is in say Surrey I can Pm them & invite them to meet up. Bit of a challenge if you live in Texas though as that place is big LoL
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

yamaha_george wrote:
Shred,
That is a good idea but USA & UK is a bit pointless in a way as we are trying to get folks to get together on a local level as well as not every one has the same skill set.

Darrin Et Al
Perhaps State + USA & County + UK .
with the explanation underneath as to why we ask for it ?

That way if i know some one is in say Surrey I can Pm them & invite them to meet up. Bit of a challenge if you live in Texas though as that place is big LoL

Well thats why we got are google earth thing!
Fartblood
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by Fartblood »

But if Geo knows where we are he'll come round and nick our bikes ! ;) ;)
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Fartblood wrote:But if Geo knows where we are he'll come round and nick our bikes ! ;) ;)
No I will leave that to the local cops one of whom just happened to find an FZR in a field yes his name is known ...............

as for Google earth well if they could find the SAS then they can find me except when I am not in the UK since they cannot put me in two or more place I go on a regular basis Lol
evakat
Site Newbie

Post by evakat »

Location added...
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

evakat wrote:Location added...
Thanks for that you will find you are not alone in PA
putskey
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by putskey »

I personally don't get why location is so darn important. People always ask "what's the price shipped to 44646 etc. so it doesn't make a difference there. If someone doesn't want to share that info fine...who cares. At least now that Geo is hellbent on location, location, location he's not jamming "it's in the wiki" down our throats. :deadhorse: LOL2

If everyone just visits the wiki than there won't be many new posts for us all to read and that would make a pretty darn boring site. Just my my2cents