So, I filed a police report.

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

So, I filed a police report.

Post by rehaume »

so, I live in an apartment complex in wichita ks. This makes it the second time this week someone has been f****n with my 95' fzr600. I have it parked in the same stall that i have the 3000GT in, the bike is in front of it. and also have a rotor lock on the front of the bike. they took off the cover pushed the bike forward this forcing the rotor lock to smash up again the brakes and crushing one of brake lines. then they lifted the bike about 5 feet and left it their. so this morning my girlfriend was getting ready to head off to work and she asks me, "did you go out last night?' went out their to find my bike moved, and the cover on the ground and a smashed break line. so i filed a police report. :swear fn pissed off. should i just get a zip lock baggy and put a 9mm bullet in their with a note. sayin next time you will be diggin one of these out of your knee cap? i need some ideas guys, second time this week. im suprised its not gone yet. :swear
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
88' FZR400 with YZF 600 Motor
yahoo msg: swingline1021
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: So, I filed a police report.

Post by cad600 »

Damn, that sucks. I guess they didn't have a van to lift the bike into and got surprised by the disk lock. An alarm could work wonders here. Or you could get a heavy chain and chain it to one of the rims of the car. They make chains with protective covers on them so you won't scratch up the rim. Although, I would go and get a video camera to try to catch them in the act. Maybe tell the office of the apartment complex. although they usually can do nothing.

One thing to remember though. If someone ants it bad enough. They are going ot get it. it doesn't matter what you do as preventative measures.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

If you're using a chain and can spare a little more money, go for a Manganal (or similar Manganese/Steel alloy). Some of the toughest metal you can get chains made of, usually can't be cut with hand tools, and is really tough to cut with power tools. Its main weakness is heat; if I remember right it gets brittle at a little over 500 F.

We had some of those (big) chains come into my work (scrap metal processing yard) and I had to research why we couldn't do anything to them with our normal cutting equipment: it takes approx. twice as much shearing force to cut them; it takes as much force to cut a 1/4" manganal chain as it does to cut a 1/2" steel chain, etc.

They are a little pricey, though.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rehaume »

i use a rotor lock made by master lock, all the cop said was try to chain it to something, and put a rotor lock/alarm on it, he said he has a harley and a chopper and both of his bikes have rotor locks on both wheels and an alarm, i've decided I'm taking it to my girlfriends moms house and putting it in her garage. the only thing that sucks about that is her moms house is on the other side of wichita and i'd have to go all the way over their to get it. people suck :headscratch:
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
88' FZR400 with YZF 600 Motor
yahoo msg: swingline1021
chefen2006
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by chefen2006 »

Sucks ass this. I would prop find another place to park it,just as you are going to. And deff. chain it to something. Some people just need to be hit hard in the head with a baseball club :swear :swear :swear
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

you would probally want to do something else quickly cause thell probally bring some tools next time and pull the bolts out of your rotor to roll it
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I'd leave it there and setup a webcam or something to catch the bastards. Or wait up and beat the hell out of them with a bat.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
WSM
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by WSM »

Scan through this thread.
There is a LONG discussion of securing bikes:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4221
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4541

Good luck!
1998 FZR600
All Original, except for a custom saddlebag set up. A machine shop buddy of mine seamlessly fitted two GS bags on the rear end for last summers ride.
30,000+ odo
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

95FZR600 wrote:Wait up with the .40cal!
+100. i wouldn't necessarily wait up with a bat, just because there are a lot of asshole thieves with guns. i would still love to wire my car/bike up like a james bond car though. touch the door handle or something and get a couple hundred volts up your ass :headbang:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

there is a remote alaem that harbor freight sells there is a battery motion sensor that you can put out there and a remote that has a bing bong alarm in itso when someones out there and trips the sensor it will set off the remote letting you know so you dont have to wait around
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

thatkid wrote:I'd leave it there and setup a webcam or something to catch the bastards. Or wait up and beat the hell out of them with a bat.

+100 just keep it out there in the open and when they come back come out from behind the car with a bat and beat them to death then dump them in the river. case closed. ok fantacy aside. a web cam a alarm and a 40 cal should do it.

Or chain a big ass mean pit bull to the thing.

Can you hook up a current of electricity to the thing so they get knocked on their ass when they grab it? trip wire for a cross bow? man the possibilities are endless.

Good luck - locked garage might be worth the cross town trip though
bweight
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by bweight »

That sucks dude.. I'm with China... Pitbull, alarm,web cam, electricity, bat & the .40 cal should work..

I haven't had my bike vandalized or attemped to be stolen, but that's mainly cause it's stored in the garage all the time.. I did however have my truck broken into in the driveway this past New Years Eve... Bastards stole my kids' dvd player & power cord from it and left everything else.. I hope for their sake that I never find out who took them.....
89 FZR 400
Custom Paintjob
600 plastics.
06 - R6 Shock
FZR600 Motor
Polished Frame & Engine Covers

Soon to be:
Broke........

FZROnline.com Decals. Get yours Now!!!
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

demon_knight69 wrote:
95FZR600 wrote:Wait up with the .40cal!
+100. i wouldn't necessarily wait up with a bat, just because there are a lot of asshole thieves with guns. i would still love to wire my car/bike up like a james bond car though. touch the door handle or something and get a couple hundred volts up your ass :headbang:
If you do wire it up, make sure to keep an older battery tender nearby (preferrably with frayed wires). That way if they try to get you for booby-trapping it (illegal in all states) you can just say, "I was just trying to maintain a decent battery charge. Do you know how finicky these old charging systems are?" Then point them here to the many threads about new VR's, stators, batteries, etc. and they'll have to believe you. :mrgreen:
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets