Fuel Injection kits for the FZR400, FZR600, YZF600

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

feef
Site Newbie

Re: Fuel Injection kits for the FZR400, FZR600, YZF600

Post by feef »

nice one. Keep us posted on progress.

I've just started renting a small unit in a local industrial estate for my partner's business. Having spoken to the chap next door a couple of times about bikes and cars, it seems my new neighbour is a friendly CNC and machine shop. So if you need anything made up, maybe I can help out.
--
When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously
http://www.kickingtyres.com
cntryboy85
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by cntryboy85 »

feef

i understand the want for rebuilding or building all together i am a mechanic by trade and love to do that sort of things. i just think if it was more affordable to do on a middle class income and supporting a wife, i would be more interested in it. but trust me i am very interested in it but it was hard enough to convince her that i needed to spend 2000 to get a bike in the first place...lol. but if i could find a kit like that for maybe 1000 i woudl do what i could to be able to get it because so far that is the only draw back i am seeing from having my bike for abut a month is that it has carbs and is cold natured as crap, and a lot harder to get adjusted right.
Nik
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Nik »

cntryboy85 wrote:feef

i understand the want for rebuilding or building all together i am a mechanic by trade and love to do that sort of things. i just think if it was more affordable to do on a middle class income and supporting a wife, i would be more interested in it. but trust me i am very interested in it but it was hard enough to convince her that i needed to spend 2000 to get a bike in the first place...lol. but if i could find a kit like that for maybe 1000 i woudl do what i could to be able to get it because so far that is the only draw back i am seeing from having my bike for abut a month is that it has carbs and is cold natured as crap, and a lot harder to get adjusted right.
CB,
if you did not like a challenge, you would not have:--
a}Got Married
b} bought a FZR
c} gone the whole 9 yards and bought an FZR when Married
:rofl:
W.F O
Nik H.
There are two kinds of posts on Forums.
1. This is what I have done...
2. This is what I think...
Be aware of the difference!
cntryboy85
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by cntryboy85 »

That is all true. Its not the challenge. I love a challenge its the money thats the issue.
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPnQkzGN5U

Fuel injected FZR400/683??????????????

oh yes I did it.
feef
Site Newbie

Post by feef »

Whoo!

Nice one
--
When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously
http://www.kickingtyres.com
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

friggin awesome! Can you take any closeup pics and video that's not sideways :thumbsup:

super awesome, probably a first for the community!
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

Kurlon
Site Newbie

Post by Kurlon »

I wonder if you can epoxy the slides in the fully raised position so the butterflies are the only throttle like newer EFI setups? Otherwise, Nicely done!
1992 WR250
1992 FZR400RR SP Project
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

Ya that could be done, however as I understand it those slides are suppsoed to help smooth the throttle responsose out some. Somebody correcty me if I am wrong. On newer bikes they usually have a secondary butterfly to help do something similar.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

There is apparently improved large-movement response by holding the slides open; Graves makes a set of hold'er-openers for people who want response NOW. As Freestyle said, small-movement response at low throttle opening is smoothed by the slides.
Kurlon
Site Newbie

Post by Kurlon »

I tried diving through your project thread to see how much work was involved in re-spacing the throttle bodies, with the pics missing it made for an interesting read... Knowing it can be done though you've inspired me to try this on my 400 race project. I'm going to try and reuse the R6 ECU and harness though, plus a piggybacked PowerCommander to simplify trackside tuning. So far it looks like the biggest challenge will be the cam position sensor. Doing some digging it's a regular TTL / 5v output, I think there is room to modify the valve cover to have it trigger off a cam lobe directly instead of the trigger wheel on the R6 exhaust cam. It just needs to fire between the right set of flywheel triggers, so I've got 90 degrees of crank rotation 'slop' to work with. I'll need to invert the output which isn't a big deal. The flywheel trigger is just a modification of a race rotor, cutting down the long tab so it's 4 matching teeth. The fuel pump problem will be another excuse to get an aluminum tank made, I'll just have it setup to take the R6 pump assembly directly.
1992 WR250
1992 FZR400RR SP Project
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Be careful how you trim it - I believe the '03-05 R6 timing rotor is a 4-tooth, but with one tooth slightly offset for indexing. The '06+ uses (I think) a 22-tooth with a 3-tooth wide bank filled in.
Kurlon
Site Newbie

Post by Kurlon »

Good to know, I'm going to try and get an R6 donor to gather timing info off of before I dive in too far as a baseline to work from.
1992 WR250
1992 FZR400RR SP Project
lamer
Site Newbie

Post by lamer »

Nice attempt, gota love the video nice wiring. One question

Why did you not blip the throttle?
Most things can be fixed "stupid" is unfortunately beyond repair
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

Throttle cable wasn't hooked up.

However I finally got my tig welder running properly today so I can finish welding up some of the brackets I have been waiting to do (ie throttle cable bracket). So when I get some time I will try to get after it.