Sharp rating

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Archangel
Site Newbie

Sharp rating

Post by Archangel »

What's the score with Sharp rating on lids?
I was surprised at how low some of the top brands got in side impact tests and overall scoring, compared to some of the 50 quid helmets :headscratch:
JohnBoy69
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Sharp rating

Post by JohnBoy69 »

Yep that makes interesting reading.

I was about to buy a mid range AGV last week but the side impact results weren't great. As you say some very expensive lids didn't come out brilliantly. Some of the cheapos come out very badly though.

I ended up buying a Bell m5x which not only gets 5 stars rating but had top 'green' ratings in all impact tests- it hasn't arrived though yet!!

Always fancied owning a Bell. The m5x was just about affordable for me as it's now an old model i believe, and so they are getting cleared at £180 ish.

John
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it is.

1990 FZR600 Genesis 3HE
1993 Alfa Romeo
2008 Fiat
fzr1000lincolnuk
Site Newbie

Post by fzr1000lincolnuk »

i got my self a MT solid helmet matt black it was only £60 and had a 4 star rating much better rating than some £300+ helmets .
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Hm, i bought my X-Lite 702 in 2013 for around 400 € here in Germany, not based on any tests in Magazines but on testing the fitment to my head in the shop and it was the perfect fit for my head :D
I must say its more noisy than the old but ways cheaper Nolan N27 i had before but the N27 was really hard to wear at speds higher than 160 km/h (around 100 mph) where the (definitely lighter) X-Lite feels like driving at 30 mph if you ignore the noise...but its not so loud that i would need earplugs for noise-protection ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)