Helping thieves?

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

tony2001
Site Newbie

Re: Helping thieves?

Post by tony2001 »

The funny thing is I park my fzr400 everywhere with no problems, sometimes i would put a disk lock on the front rotor, sometimes not. I'd been parking it; in the free parking by the seaport in nyc for almost a year, no one cared. I park my new 07 gsxr in the same place; the second day it gets stolen by 4 guys from brooklyn in a stolen minivan. Luckily theres so much law enforcement down here (downtown wall street area), that homeland security picked up the stolen plate, which then got nypd involved and my bike was secured in 20 minutes. Of course, i had to wait 2 weeks to get it back in my hands, as the bike was being used as evidence. Ricardo Seales, the lowlife who got caught, will never forget that name...

reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

The theives know their current bikes, and are after specific parts and pieces.

Your FZR is not current enough to be attractive...the GSXR is a different story
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

when they see my bike they dont know what to think.
they usually die on spot from brain tumor.
Fartblood
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by Fartblood »

The best protection any bike can have is a big, lairy, hairy arsed b*****d owner like me to scare off the scum!

Your typical 150lb skinny Gixxer owner wouldn't scare the local BMX bandits, but the average grizzled Fizzer owner is a formidable prospect indeed!
cntryboy85
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by cntryboy85 »

thats why i cleared out a spot in my garage for it. if they get past the lock then they have to deal witht the 3 pissed off pit bulls that stay in there and not one of them less than 70lbs. and when they start going nuts the the 40 comes out to play. but yea i have heard of people being about to do that. it just like posting that you are going to be onvaction out of sate of facebook and if you have pictures of your house that show your address it isnt hard to find your house by searching google maps. and then the thieves know they have all the time in the world to work becuase you posted when you are leaving and will be back. i have to get onto my wife about that all the time.
jkray80
Site Newbie

Post by jkray80 »

By the way it only takes two guys to liftone I know this because it's how I got mine home.
Getting better
jkray80
Site Newbie

Post by jkray80 »

Mine is in garage guarded by a large pit as well
Getting better