Opinions on Race Tech Gold Valves

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

gre3nskeeper
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Opinions on Race Tech Gold Valves

Post by gre3nskeeper »

For those of you running gold valves/cartridge emu’s for street use, what are you opinions on them. How does the gold valve setup compare to stock in terms of handling\ride harshness?

I'm looking to improve my front end and im leaning towards the race techs over a yzf swap because of price. And feedback would be appreciated.
1995 YZR600R
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Opinions on Race Tech Gold Valves

Post by yamaha_george »

gre3nskeeper wrote:For those of you running gold valves/cartridge emu’s for street use, what are you opinions on them. How does the gold valve setup compare to stock in terms of handling\ride harshness?

I'm looking to improve my front end and im leaning towards the race techs over a yzf swap because of price. And feedback would be appreciated.
Hi,
I tried to buy the race tech kit but the parochial SOB's would not deal outside the states so I bought a set of PD valves from YSS . Those with the straight wound springs set for my bike & body weight were the best mod I have done on the bike.
The sloppy saggy wet spaghetti front end actually now works as it should and 130MPH corners are no worries.

see:-
http://www.saltmine.org.uk/fzr/fork.html

for the full write up on how it is done
steph42
Site Newbie

Post by steph42 »

Get in touch with the guys at K-tech or Hyperpro ive used them both in the past for spring / fork cartridge kits excellent quality products and not that expensive compared to some.

Steve
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

steph42 wrote:Get in touch with the guys at K-tech or Hyperpro ive used them both in the past for spring / fork cartridge kits excellent quality products and not that expensive compared to some.

Steve
Steve ,
Have you any experience with K-tech ?
I have a moto2 race team using them but that always says to me arm & a leg pricing .
steph42
Site Newbie

Post by steph42 »

Hi George , yes i used them for the upgrades to the showa's i've got on the bike at the mo tbh i didnt think they were to bad £ wise compared to 1 or 2 places i tried/ used in the past. They've done maybe at least a dozen or so front ends for me and i cant knock them for the quality or end result/ improvement .
As for hyperpro ive used afew of their kits found them good quality , good value too.

Steve