GINORMOUS ANNOUNCEMENT! "Site Directors"

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

GINORMOUS ANNOUNCEMENT! "Site Directors"

Post by ragedigital »

FZROnline.com Community,

Since our first member joined (go me!) on May 07, 2008, we have seen tremendous growth here. With 450+ members and over 25,000 posts since then, we have really shown what the FZR community is all about. Apparently, allowing FZR owners/users/racers to have a say and then doing what they ask is "key" to growth.

This growth is not due to 1 man, but many. Many people who choose to support financially and actively contribute valuable knowledge and information in a structured way to help others in this community. This is your knowledge - you own a piece of this community!

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THIS INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE! Thanks!

Without further bloviating, I am very proud to announce a new group of leadership here at FZROnline.com: SITE DIRECTORS.

The role of the Site Directors is similar to that of a "Board of Directors" for a business. These individuals take the ideas, thoughts, concerns and comments of the community and process them and then stream those pieces to the appropriate person/group for action.

Why do we need "Site Directors"?

I wanted to be able to provide more people to contact instead of just myself or Tommy, both of whom either travel extensively or have extremely busy "worldy" jobs at times. The Site Directors are people who are extremely active and will be able to address your concerns quickly. This new leadership will work to extend the life of FZROnline.com through promotions, contests, etc... They, along with your help, will guide the FZR community well into the future.

So, is the site no longer Democratic?

Absolutely not. The decisions that will be made will still be voted on by the community at large. The "Site Directors" will simply gather the data, present the data in a structured fashion, allow the community to vote on that data, then funnel it into the right channels. They will; however, make some "executive" decisions that will be done in order to keep the community running and focused in the right direction.

What will happen to Rage and Tommyj27?

If we don't behave we'll end up in the "hot" place... Kidding aside - Tommy and I will still be "Site Admin". Our functions still include programming, network issues, paying the bills, keeping the domain name - essentially backend operations. This will allow us more time to do what we need to do and let others handle the very important task of community leadership.

Who are these new "Site Directors"?

This was a very easy decision for me to make and it's probably one of the last "executive" decisions that I will need to make. This is not an easy task and the individuals that have been appointed understand what is ahead and have accepted the challenge.

Here they are:

"Sweekster" (Duane), "CAD600" (Rob), "Yamaha_George" (George)

Please welcome these gentlemen to their new position and applaud them for their efforts on helping fuel this ever growing community.

And yes, they will get a new AVATAR or something to go along with their position. Ideas would be great!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
R3TARD
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: GINORMOUS ANNOUNCEMENT! "Site Directors"

Post by R3TARD »

Can I get a H3LL Yeah??

1992 FZR 600
Yoshi exhaust
K&N pods
Airtech R1-kit
02 R6 fork swap
02 R6 Swingarm
520 chain conversion
07 R6 controls
Vortex R6 clipons
07 R6 radial master

2003 CBR 600rr
bone stock
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

congrats duane, mark and george! you guys are the first to answer most of everyone's questions and i know you will be great additions as site directors. :cheers:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
bweight
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by bweight »

Congrats guys, you all definitely deserve the spots you have been appointed. This site has been a home to many and with the leadership that continues to run things, we'll only grow and become better as a whole. It's good to know that we're all in great hands and the site will prosper for a LONG time coming.
89 FZR 400
Custom Paintjob
600 plastics.
06 - R6 Shock
FZR600 Motor
Polished Frame & Engine Covers

Soon to be:
Broke........

FZROnline.com Decals. Get yours Now!!!
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

A big congrats to you guys. The community wouldn't be what it is without you.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I think Darrin just likes making up positions so no one feels left out. "Here's your participation ribbon." :)

Congrat guys! Thanks for stepping up even farther and helping out.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

thatkid wrote:I think Darrin just likes making up positions so no one feels left out.
Darrin's just trying to pass the buck when he screws things up! lol
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

ragedigital wrote:
thatkid wrote:I think Darrin just likes making up positions so no one feels left out.
Darrin's just trying to pass the buck when he screws things up! lol
Here we go, now Darrin is referring to himself in the third person. We told you that riding a Gixxer would put you back in squid status.

Congrats to the three of you.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
billy_awesome
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by billy_awesome »

Great ideas Darrin.

Keep this community growing!
I just wish I had more time to be involved, I applaud the efforts of everyone involved in this process, and if you ever need a hand in any which way, please PM me!
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

Very NIce, Congrats guys!.. Thanks again for the active roles you have been playing in the community!
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
hysidehilly
Site Newbie

Post by hysidehilly »

when i first came to this sight these were the guys that welcomed me along with a couple other great members .They know there stuff and I know if I run into any problems with my machine these guys will always be there to help me, Congrats guys and thanks!!!!!!!!
90 3tj fzr 400 /91 fzr 600 engine, 639 wisco big bore,racing cams,13:1 compresion, heavey duty clutch, k@n twin pods,stage 3 jets, full muzzy exaust, r6 rectifier,all 600 electronics,600 rad,showa front forks,yzf 600 gas tank,steel braided lines,brembo rear brakes and factory 400 front, 04 r6 front and tail,01 r6 sides and lowers, and soon 520 con

86 fzr 250 exup bone stock
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

that duane dude is totally over rated

:)

congrats guys