Best looking Scooter I've Seen

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

slayermd
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Best looking Scooter I've Seen

Post by slayermd »

Why doesn't Yamaha send stuff like this over here? I would totally ride that everywhere!

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/prod ... ox/tzr.jsp
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Best looking Scooter I've Seen

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

in europe it might be a scooter here thats a mini crotch rocket .lol
its beautiful though wish my fzr lookd like that lol
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
HeadRush
Site Newbie

Post by HeadRush »

It wouldn't sell here for two reasons. The first being that you'd have mothers across the country screaming because their "little" boy wants to ride it, and the second being that people who just want simpler transportation (scooters) would ignore it because they'd have to get a motorcycle license. It's a beautiful ride and I wish that it would sell here so I could teach my kids on one.
Dangerous when bored.
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

I dont think you will see them here in the US either although my son just said he wants one. I would buy one for sure. Both my boys are only 1/2 mile to the High School and they hate the bus. :headscratch:
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

they dont sell them here because most of the "yanks" don't want a puny 50cc, they want their first bike to be a r1 or gsxr1k, because thats "manly", "my bike is bigger than yours" mentality. those would be great for the kids that want a first bike. my first was a ninja 250, i only wish they had the 2008 model when i got mine. it actually looks like a sportbike, the last model didn't change since the 80's :yuck:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
noshoes
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by noshoes »

Just a new YSR 50.They sold back in 87-89.............I wish I still had mine.They are worth more now than off the showroom floor. :deal:
States visited on my 90 FZR 1000
ImageImage
90 1000 w/ 92 USD forks w/ gold valves and Racetech springs,Technomagnesio rims, Ohlins shock,custom dog-bones,Corbin gunfighter seat,Whistler Crusader radar/laser detector,Veil anti-laser coating on plate and head lights,K&N,Yosh carbon slip-on,custom jetting,5 angle valve job & polishing,Ebc pro light contour front disks,R-1 blue dot calipers,Ebc organic pads and steel braided front brake lines,0 grav smoked windshield,carbon bar ends, frame sliders,49 tooth SS ultra light titan-tuff rear sprocket,530 chain kit,Custom ultra light rear disk, Yosh digital temp gauge....It never ends does it???
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

You don't need a license for 50 cc
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
Dr Rockso
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by Dr Rockso »

you do in virginia , 49.9 is the cut off .
Got busted plastics ??? go here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209
slayermd
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by slayermd »

Dr Rockso wrote:you do in Virginia , 49.9 is the cut off .

Sweet cause its only 49.7cc. Now that's beating the system!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Generally, you need a driver's license, not a motorcycle license.

The Honda dealer, not too far away, has a 50cc motorcycle in their showroom right now.

I'm surprised they don't sell well in the US. There are a lot of parents who would like to see their kids start off racing and this would be the perfect platform.

I think the Honda is around $3200. Yeah, it's not cheap and it's stripped down. LINK

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

most of the time the cc's of a bike is just below what it is listed for like 50 is 49 100 is 99 600 is 590 something i think in mass if its under 50 ccs you need a learners permit for a car and bigger i dont know i think then you need insurance and a motorcycle permit. im not sure. those bikes are pretty cool they probally dont sell cause when you can legaly ride them on the road you could get a used bigger bike and a dirt bike is cheaper at least thats my take on it in mass.
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

This is similar in many states:

"A moped is defined by the state as a "motorized bicycle" with an automatic transmission and cylinders of 50cc or less.

You must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver license to operate a moped in Massachusetts. You must also wear an approved safety helmet, and not drive at speeds greater than 25 mph."
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

These are 49.7 cc and right now on ebay under uk, older models are going for around $400 US. Here in Georgia you dont need license for anything under 5occ.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

This might be the only way in which Alabama kicks @$$. At 14 you can get a "motor driven cycle license" (by taking a 10 minute written test) and ride anything under 150cc. At 16 it's automatically upgraded to a motorcycle license to ride any an everything. You have to wait until 15 to get a permit, and 16 to get a "restricted" license (no more than 1 passenger not related to you, and no more than 50 miles from your place of residence). So you can achieve freedom on two wheels long before you could start caging anywhere. :grinnod:

Oh, and it is an amazing looking bike, even if it is only 50cc.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Yeah, IL is a driver's license for under 50cc, a class L for 50-249, and a moto for 250+ That's better than utah where anything with two wheels and a motor is considered a motorcycle and you better have your license for it.

But umm.....guys???? I'm pretty sure my Scopper is going to look better. :headbang: :-D :banana:
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."