Headlight(s) from UK. Are they diffferent from the German.

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

peterlm
Site Newbie

Headlight(s) from UK. Are they diffferent from the German.

Post by peterlm »

Im looking for a twin Heafdlight assembly for a rebuild of my Moto Guzzi fairing.
It seems that the FZR headdligths from around 1990 FZR´s is a good size and fit for my needs.
For a strange reason it appears that the ones posted on UK EBAY is in a way better condition than the ones from continental europe(germany). But is it the same part? Im mainly concerned about the lenses. On cars the left hand drive cars got different lenses than the LHD models so thay can send a asymetrical pattern light.
If this is tthe case I cannot use the UK lenses and will have to stick with the contiental ones.

Best regards

Peter
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: Headlight(s) from UK. Are they diffferent from the Germa

Post by TomcatMJ »

Depending where you´re from maybe the US-Headlights might be an alternative as they give you even more light due to H4 Bulbs instead of old-fashioned Bilux Bulbs (and they´re also RHD models)....but they will have a DOT-Number instead of the E-Number printed in the glasses themselves...;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
Stig
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by Stig »

I run a UK 90 model and have fitted h4 bulbs without any grief but as said the beam is directed left
If its not broken it dont need fixing

http://www.exup1000.co.uk
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

@peterlm : If you´re also located in germany, maybe even near cologne (where i´m located), send me a PM if you need to do a Test with a 3BF US-Headlight Unit as i´ve got a complete Unit (including the plastic-frame, the reflectors and the bulbs) in my spare parts collection which i actually don´t need but will need in future (when possibly restoring the third 3BF here when i manage restore one of the 2 broken engines i have, actually thats a question of budget) ...
So theres a chance to test if it fits physically in your Guzzi-fairing as the frames of the different versions of the 400 3BF/3FH/1WG/2TK/3EN and even the 3HJ/3HE/3RG/3RH/3HH/3HW and 3uu are definitely the same size and mounting-points.

My 3BF has got a geman 3HE Headlight-Unit in it due to a TÜV-engeneer which didn´t dare to put the us-headlightunit with DOT-Numbers instead of E-Numbers in the papers even if it would have been possible..it wasn´t an independant TÜV-Engineer but one with a contract with the local yamaha-dealer...meanwhile i know where it would have been possible to get the other set in the papers ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Hi guys,
Been a darn long while since i visited last, I bough a german twin headlight for my 92 FZR6 and just turned the "offending lens " upside down if i remember right and that fixed it from shining the "wrong way "

trust you old guys are still all in one piece ? No more bikes the doc said well 57 years of riding is good enough, still shooting my rifles after 61 years so life ain't all bad
:-) :cheers:
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

yamaha_george wrote:Hi guys,
Been a darn long while since i visited last...

trust you old guys are still all in one piece ? No more bikes the doc said well 57 years of riding is good enough, still shooting my rifles after 61 years so life ain't all bad
:-) :cheers:
Didn't think we would see anther post from you, George. Glad to hear you can still enjoy some hobbies.

Darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!