Clutch issue! NEED HELP!

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

myfzr600
Site Newbie

Clutch issue! NEED HELP!

Post by myfzr600 »

So i went for a ride today with my brother. During the ride at one point when i had my clutch pulled in, while in neutral my brother said he heard like a whistling sound. Later that ride i noticed that when in 1st gear and the lever pulled in it feeled like the bike was still trying to pull forward like it was engaging some. After that all the sudden my clutch lever had absolutely no pressure when pulled in and when you pull the lever all the way in it makes a horrible grinding noise from what sounds like the clutch cable cover? I had to clutchless shift home (which wasnt too far). When we got home we pulled the cover that holds the cable. The clutch lever is still actuating the lever that pushes the pushrod into the clutch basket and no the ball bearing isnt welded to the long pushrod! What can be the cause of this??? I have a new clutch cable and i know the clutch plates are brand new! Could the cable have come out of adjustment?? Any info will help greatly! PLEASE Its a 1994 fzr 600 :headscratch: