Need side plastics looking to purchase some

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
96YamiFZR
Site Newbie

Need side plastics looking to purchase some

Post by 96YamiFZR »

Hey guys I am new to this forum, I have a 1996 FZR 600 (Double Headlight) unfortunately when I purchased the bike it was missing both side plastics up front, so the whole motor is exposed and I'm not really a fan of how that looks, I'm also in the market for a back seat cowl, but the side plastics are my main concern. My bike is black and I am located in Branford, Ct 06405. Hopefully someone on here has these plastics and is willing to sell them. Thanks guys.
Last edited by DonTZ125 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic to appropriate forum.
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Re: Need side plastics looking to purchase some

Post by willandrip »

The lower panels should be an easy source.....the 600 was by far and away the most popular model.
It is the carriage charges that may inflate the prices of these to yourself.

The seat cowl is not uncommon either but a tidy OEM one demands a decent price.
As it looks that you may have to do an amount of paintwork anyway, perhaps an aftermarket f/glass unit would suffice.

Good luck with your search....I am in UK so unable to help directly.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
96YamiFZR
Site Newbie

Post by 96YamiFZR »

Thanks for the help but where can I find some aftermarket plastics? I've only found one website which sells them but they quite pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

You only really need to use aftermarket for the seat cowl which will be made in fibreglass.
Seat cowl;http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/yam ... .htm#price.....$62

If you set up a search on Ebay ,within time no doubt a cheaper OEM one will be listed.....but if it is a BIN listing
a good one will not be available for very long.

The sidepanels ... best if used OEM are used, again the usual auction site has many options.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
96YamiFZR
Site Newbie

Post by 96YamiFZR »

Thanks

TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

http://www.beasleycomposites.com/racebike_yamaha.htm has the Seatcowling for $48 listed in their catalogue..and the other parts of the Cowling also ..so there wouldn´ t be a problem to get Aftermarket-Fairingparts for your FZR ;)
If you need the Decals for different FZRs a look at http://www.stardesign.at/ak/index.htm would be worth a look inside...unlucky they have only the red/black 1WG / 1988 3BF Decals for the FZR 400 and not the blue/silver(and white for the Tankcoverparts of the set) ones for my 1990 3BF Model :-/
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

Perhaps you may wish to hunt about on the forum or do a search on Beasley = lack of quality control over the past 18mths. ?
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Oh, didn´ t know that they have such quality-probs as seen at a link to a 13x forumthread....ok, it was due to the shiping costs why i came to the idea that this might be a solution...here in germany they need certificates for the tüv, which guarantee at least a good minimum quality-level, but i guess the shippingcosts to the U.S. might be relatively high and needs additional custom-taxes...but here in germany i would advice getting aftermarket-fairings at http://www.mlb-motorsport.de because they include the needed certificates for the TÜV and so theres at least this minimumquality for getting it roadlegal and not only racelegal they have to guarantee for because otherwise they would lose their licence to sell roadlegal fairingparts with certificates. No certificates, no roadlegality for most fairingparts (Frontfender, Seatcowl and perhaps also Tancover are excluded from this) here in germany or you will alternatively have to pay the complete materialcheckup+analysis+control of the complete manufactoringprocess made by tüv for yourself,which might quickly override the costs for a new motorbike :D ) ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
96YamiFZR
Site Newbie

Post by 96YamiFZR »

Thanks guys

djalbin
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by djalbin »

I don't know which internet sites you have already looked at but this site has Yamaha OEM parts listed They also have the OEM part #'s and illustrations.

http://www.yamahapart.com/oemparts/c/ya ... ycle/parts
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

djalbin wrote:I don't know which internet sites you have already looked at but this site has Yamaha OEM parts listed They also have the OEM part #'s and illustrations.

http://www.yamahapart.com/oemparts/c/ya ... ycle/parts
And by using this or any other reputable and up to date OEM parts supplier you may perhaps notice that the required
panels have been NLA for at least the past 6 years !

The NOS panels that do occur for sale are from "lost or hidden" stocks from non accredited/unsupported dealers or individuals.

Beware of sites with parts fiche enablement offering such parts and taking payment.
Often a very long course of reimbursement occurs if indeed at all.!
96YamiFZR
Site Newbie

Post by 96YamiFZR »

Thanks for the help