Easy R6 shock upgrade

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5
Location: Europe, California, Georgia, Belgium (yes, this is not part of the 1st one)

Re: Easy R6 shock upgrade

Post by gogofizzpow »

I have a stock one for sale if you need it... hehehe....
'96 FZR600
-Stainless brake lines, K&N Filter Pods, R6 front calipers, R6 Front and rear Master cylinder, Factory Pro Stg 1 Jetkit, R6 Headers (TK), '08 R6 Rear shock w/ adjustable dogbones (RR), Airtech R1 kit (and all the mods that go with that), Home made 5 d ignition advance, YZF600r D&D Modified short can with R6 mid pipe, Progressive rate front suspension, YZF600r Swingarm/wheel, 520 14/45, 47, 48 Sprockets, China's rearsets, YZF600r modified undertray, Cheap battery mod so I can run lay flat glass matts, And anything else I become compulsive enough to do to her...
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5
Location: Europe, California, Georgia, Belgium (yes, this is not part of the 1st one)

Post by gogofizzpow »

New cams, you got big plans coming this winter or do you just want new fancy cams...?
'96 FZR600
-Stainless brake lines, K&N Filter Pods, R6 front calipers, R6 Front and rear Master cylinder, Factory Pro Stg 1 Jetkit, R6 Headers (TK), '08 R6 Rear shock w/ adjustable dogbones (RR), Airtech R1 kit (and all the mods that go with that), Home made 5 d ignition advance, YZF600r D&D Modified short can with R6 mid pipe, Progressive rate front suspension, YZF600r Swingarm/wheel, 520 14/45, 47, 48 Sprockets, China's rearsets, YZF600r modified undertray, Cheap battery mod so I can run lay flat glass matts, And anything else I become compulsive enough to do to her...
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

gogofizzpow wrote:New cams, you got big plans coming this winter or do you just want new fancy cams...?
well, I am sitting on most of what i need for a 660 build....PLUS '05 R6 throttle bodies, and a megasquirt injection/ignition ECU. I can't see going that deep and NOT letting it breath better
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by gogofizzpow »

Lucky Lucky you.... I long await to do my own 660 swap... sigh....
'96 FZR600
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
STN
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by STN »

How much do you want for those adjustable dogbones? I could use me a set of them.
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Hey guys...I have a couple kits available right now. An '08, and an '09 shock..

hit me up...

and YES, to you antipodians who are coming into spring/riding season, I DO ship intl...it runs about $47 USdollars to ship to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, South America

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

reelrazor wrote:Hey guys...I have a couple kits available right now. An '08, and an '09 shock..

hit me up...

and YES, to you antipodians who are coming into spring/riding season, I DO ship intl...it runs about $47 USdollars to ship to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, South America

geezer
Site Newbie

Post by geezer »

Do you still have any of your r6 shock kits? Also did i get this straight if im a heavy rider I need to change the spring with an fzr spring? Thanks
97 FZR 600
91 KLR 650
geezer
Site Newbie

Post by geezer »

RR not tire kicking if you have a kit I want one just get back and tell me how to pay. Thanks
97 FZR 600
91 KLR 650
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Not sure if he is still there, but ReelRazor took a little trip to Hawaii, so there might be a delay in him replying.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
rotortech
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by rotortech »

geezer wrote:Do you still have any of your r6 shock kits? Also did i get this straight if im a heavy rider I need to change the spring with an fzr spring? Thanks
Geezer,

I weight about 195 lb with gear. I went ahead and swapped the FZR spring to the R6 shock and I am very pleased. The word I got from others is that the R6 spring is OK if you weigh in at about 150 to 160 lb. You will need a good spring compressor. The FZR spring is very stout and can kill you - no joke.
Rotortech
Indianapolis, IN

[color=#0040FF][b]1994 FZR 600[/b]
[list]RaceTech Springs
R6 Rear Shock
FactoryPro Jet Kit
Drop-in K&N Filter[/list][/color]
geezer
Site Newbie

Post by geezer »

Thanks for the info. Is a spring compressor for a car too large for the fzr spring or do you guys use one moto specific? Also what is the approx. length of material being cut out of the original dog bones center? Thanks
97 FZR 600
91 KLR 650
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

geezer wrote:Thanks for the info. Is a spring compressor for a car too large for the fzr spring or do you guys use one moto specific? Also what is the approx. length of material being cut out of the original dog bones center? Thanks
An automotive spring compressor-if designed to do MacPherson strut springs will probably work (they usually are adjustable as to reach of the spring hooks). The threaded rod and two hook style will probably work if you use two.

To restore stock ride height when going from FZR shock to late model R6 shock, you need to lose about 10mm of dogbone.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

RR,
where is the foto of you in a grass skirt ?
geezer
Site Newbie

Post by geezer »

Reelrazor thanks for the response. I really want to know do you have any of the r6 shocks and your dog bones for sale??? My welding looks like boogers I was just interested in how much material is removed for my ADD brain. I will also need to know how much and how to pay you. Thanks
97 FZR 600
91 KLR 650