Easy R6 shock upgrade

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Easy R6 shock upgrade

Post by shredex »

you cant use te stock r6 spring?
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

shredex wrote:you cant use te stock r6 spring?

Shred,
RR answers that half way down page two, at 01.00 even I can keep up with the plot LoL
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

shredex wrote:you cant use te stock r6 spring?
A little munchkin like you (and me) can CERTAINLY use the R6 spring. Dlvryboy, being growed up (a lot) needs more......
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

yea, im only 125 to 130 on a good day lol
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

shredex wrote:yea, im only 125 to 130 on a good day lol
Shred ,
at that rate stay away from the burgers & beer and you will always have a good day.
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5
Location: Europe, California, Georgia, Belgium (yes, this is not part of the 1st one)

Post by gogofizzpow »

I cant find adjustable dog bones anywere... unless you know somewhere else, how much for your creations?
'96 FZR600
-Stainless brake lines, K&N Filter Pods, R6 front calipers, R6 Front and rear Master cylinder, Factory Pro Stg 1 Jetkit, R6 Headers (TK), '08 R6 Rear shock w/ adjustable dogbones (RR), Airtech R1 kit (and all the mods that go with that), Home made 5 d ignition advance, YZF600r D&D Modified short can with R6 mid pipe, Progressive rate front suspension, YZF600r Swingarm/wheel, 520 14/45, 47, 48 Sprockets, China's rearsets, YZF600r modified undertray, Cheap battery mod so I can run lay flat glass matts, And anything else I become compulsive enough to do to her...
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

gogofizzpow wrote:I cant find adjustable dog bones anywere... unless you know somewhere else, how much for your creations?

G,
PM ReelRazor a number of the guys here have his full shock swap kits and others have just used hi nifty adjustable Dog bones
equinoxlb
Site Newbie

Post by equinoxlb »

I recently installed one of these kits and can recommend it to anyone who's looking for a shock upgrade. reelrazor is great to deal with and the package has everything you need (and more) in terms of hardware and instructions. It is very easy to install and looks great. Hard to beat the price and performance of this kit.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

TK installed this for me last week and I just picked it up. I gotta say, it's like a new bike. Night and day difference.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5
Location: Europe, California, Georgia, Belgium (yes, this is not part of the 1st one)

Post by gogofizzpow »

Just recieved mine day before yesterday, installed yesterday, looks good so far, waiting for rain to pass so I can test her out. So far everything was smooth sailing. Parts were in good shape, he included clear directions for the mechanically impaired and the dog bones were primed and ready for paint. hell, they were even set to make up for the 10mm difference between the stock fxr shcok and the r6 shock. Great dealing with you reelrazor! Fast turn around and ship time too... You have made a man taken from his primary shop happy today! (and not in a wierd awkward way... heheh) :cheers:
'96 FZR600
-Stainless brake lines, K&N Filter Pods, R6 front calipers, R6 Front and rear Master cylinder, Factory Pro Stg 1 Jetkit, R6 Headers (TK), '08 R6 Rear shock w/ adjustable dogbones (RR), Airtech R1 kit (and all the mods that go with that), Home made 5 d ignition advance, YZF600r D&D Modified short can with R6 mid pipe, Progressive rate front suspension, YZF600r Swingarm/wheel, 520 14/45, 47, 48 Sprockets, China's rearsets, YZF600r modified undertray, Cheap battery mod so I can run lay flat glass matts, And anything else I become compulsive enough to do to her...
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
STN
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by STN »

I think I need one of these. Do you still have any? PM sent.
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Three available right now.

an '07, an '08, and an '09

PM for more detail..

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

gogofizzpow
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by gogofizzpow »

Its a good set up... mines still working well, just trying to find the right height and dampening.. going to have to do it again though after I get me swingarm swap finished this week... But a bump for mr RR and his value swap...
'96 FZR600
-FOR SALE- *sniff sniff*
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

gogofizzpow wrote:Its a good set up... mines still working well, just trying to find the right height and dampening.. going to have to do it again though after I get me swingarm swap finished this week... But a bump for mr RR and his value swap...
Thanks, man.

(my gratitude is just a cheap ploy to bump this topic ;-) daddy needs new cams.....

delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

Best upgrade I've ever done!

Now, I'm gonna need another shock. Some bitch ran me into a major sinkhole tonight and I busted mine in 2...oops.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it now, or wait til spring. I'm having a major spinal surgery in a few weeks and tonight was my last ride of the season anyhow.

I haven't looked at it too close yet, so I'm not sure if the spring is usable. I had to ride home 15 blocks in first while sitting on my tank. I'll keep you updated.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder