FZR's little cousin - the TZR

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

FZR's little cousin - the TZR

Post by China_Racer_1 »

This is me on my buddies 1991 Yamaha TZR 250 2 stroke. 3Xv model

IT was a crappy running bike as it was running rich and the main jets needed changing plugs fouling etc.. but still a fun ride.

Sorry pics are a bit low res

I have been working hard this season my body position and think this pic shows the result well. I got a comfortable position now that allows me to control the bike well and also feel the input from the bike

I let this guy pass and set up for this picture. I knew Dragan was in the corner with Camera in hand. Dragan did the photo shoot of me and the dragon girls (Candy) a few years back and has done a lot sport photography in the past.

The nut passing on the outside is my buddy Fred. He is a student of mine who has a built like a mutha f*ck CBR 1000 RR good when your students learn and start o kick ass :-) Look at the body position of the two riders. Pretty much tells it all squid VS talent. Fred got a long history of racing dirt bike in Canada behind him.

Just me playing around for the camera

Fred wanted to follow me for a few laps to check out my line in this corner. He said it scared the f*ck out of him in this first corner of the "S turn so I showed him a less stressful way around.
tkclow
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Re: FZR's little cousin - the TZR

Post by tkclow »

Very nice, looks like a blast.
92 FZR600
Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon Fiber Slip-on
02 R6 Caliper and MC Swap with S/S Lines
Dual Headlight Upper Swap
Clear Taillight w/LED Bulbs
Vortex 520 Conversion 14/47 RK Gold Chain
Shinko 006 Podium 150/60/18 rear 110/70/17 Front
More To Come
DonTZ125

Re: FZR's little cousin - the TZR

Post by DonTZ125 »

You probably noticed a bit of handling difference, going from a mid-sized diesel to a small-bore stroker! :banana:

I'm surprised your friend didn't have a selection of mains; the TZR isn't normally as fussy as the TZ, but (especially for racing) it wants its jetting 'just so'. I've changed my main jet four and five times throughout the day on some weekends, especially when there's a weather front coming through and the temperature, barometer and humidity are all going up and down like the toilet seat at a co-ed keg party... canofworms

(I have *got* to get my ass back to the track... banghead )