Total loss on 89 1k

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

coops
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Total loss on 89 1k

Post by coops »

Want to go total loss on my track bike. Other than blanking the hole, what do I have to do electrically to do this properly?
The bike is basically standard electrically. Except the whole front loom is gone. Using a completely different tacho. Obviously the lights and indicators gone.
Still running exup and still have the wires pluged in the clutch lever. Don't even know what that's for.
Was thinking of running a positive wire from battery to somewhere very accessible so I can charge battery easily between races. (provided I can insulate the end well somehow)
Heres two pics. First one is the tacho (works great, mind you I never look at the bloody thing) and second is, I had some success in the weekend at the yearly cup race for my class bike. We don't win any money here. just a block of wood! Classic bike racing club.
DonTZ125

Re: Total loss on 89 1k

Post by DonTZ125 »

The clutch switch is part of the safe start system; either the neutral or clutch switch has to be made for the electric start to work. If you pull the clutch switch, you'll have to be in neutral to start. If you're push starting, obviously that no longer applies.
coops
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by coops »

Well ive done the job. Machined up a plug on the lathe at work, installed and went for a 20 minute ride round my test circuit on the outskirts of town.
I think I did notice a slight increase in power. COOL. Before I started bike I had 13.4V in my Shorei lithium battery. after 20 mins there was 13.2V in battery. COOL.
So probably only need to charge maybe half way through the track race day.
All good, itl give me something else to muck about with at the track and keep me occupied between races.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Congrats on your racing success! Must be quite a rush.

Darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
e30isking
Site Newbie

Post by e30isking »

Hey fellow 1k racer,

Sorry for the OT but what sort of brake setu do you use for the track?

Contemplating my options...

Regards,
Paulo