August Shanghai Festival of Speed and Culture Write-up

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: August Shanghai Festival of Speed and Culture Write-up

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Thanks here are a few pic some on track and also a few my buddy took of the bike.

back side view as am about to hit the apex then gun it down the short chute to another left hander.

a fast right hander

Me behind my hybrid to give it some size perspective. I am 6-1" tall

My camera mans 25 year old wife posing with the bike

I got a bit of negativity regarding the seat from some people. But I think now that you can see it proportionally and see that it realy is not that big its just the bikes over all size is small so the seat looks a bit elongated. The fact the seat comes right under the leg to the tank and covers al tht are makes it look even longer.

But this modifies TZR 3XV model tail section feels real comfortable. I got to sit somewhere so I used what I had which was the above mentioned tail and modified it using fiberglass then sent it off to OYA Carbon to have them (My sponsors of carbon parts) knock off two of them for me. I know it is not a 2007 R-1 tail or anything like that but then this is a 1988 frame and a 1999 engine so there is nothing modern about this bike anyway.
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

I'm diggin the tail
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

haunter wrote:I'm diggin the tail
Thanks and actually one of Spyders friends did the under tail work for me when I was shaping it to have the Carbon mold made from it. I modified it a bit more myself after he got done which included the F1 inlet vent on the top rear off the tail.

I was trying to get some airflow in there and cool things down a bit better.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

What's the deal with the Wiseco store behind your bike?
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

Very nice! i'm glad you finally get to run it for real, that thing is a monster!
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

ragedigital wrote:What's the deal with the Wiseco store behind your bike?
Actually thats my budie Uli's shop. Uli is a great German engineer and if you know anyhting about BMW's he is the one who invented the front single sided swing arm for BMW. He also raced one of his bikes in Datona back in 1991 and had the fastes 2 cylinder in the world that year with his build.

He has a speed shop here and Wiseco and him are partnered up.

Wiseco sponsored me the pistons for this bike to make it a 2mm over bore or a 637cc and Uli installed them as well as the new pistons they gave me for the FZR-400.

Uli is getting to be known for having the fastest bikes out on the track. His sponsored bike just won two back to back victories at the local race and also the Chinese SBK race. He also has the fastest 150cc honda out there for the Honda challenge.

Uli did a few one off things for my bike like the aluminum subframe, a few wheel spacers things like that.

What I need to do is put a really fast rider on my bike so people can see how fast she really can go. she is by far faster than me at this point. But then I have only been on her for a few pratcices and one race. Speed will come with time when I get more used to her.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Well I got word today that next thrusday and friday are open track sessions at the Shanghai International Circuit. (SIC)

We have 4 sessions a day. If Ican afford it I wil do 4 in one day maybe all 8 if I can.

I need to become one with my bike now that it is running so well.

I will need to bring my exta gearing and get that right thogh.
I beleive I wiil stay with the 14 front and go from a 52 rear to a 44.

Reasn for the big jump is the F1 track has a long long long back straight the gearing now is for a short tight tack. I also have a 48 tooth rear I will bring.

I got raced on once tires so thats good. Weather looks good as well.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Ok This is a bit late but here it is. This is part of a larger video and was taken at the Shaghai F1 track.

A few moments into the vid the camera goes from my Nose cone camera, to my buddies nose cone camera, so you can see me in the front of him in the red and white leathers.

I posted this clip and the first half in the video and pic section.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lina_in_china/5675674211/

This is on the FZR-400/YZF678R Hybrid I built. (2mm overbore kit)