Its 2018.......Who's still racing FZR's?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Its 2018.......Who's still racing FZR's?

Post by britx303 »

Regardless of age and the problems that come with older bikes......... I still LOVE racing FZR's! Anyone else racing an FZR still? Come on......who else?
tabond
Site Newbie

Re: Its 2018.......Who's still racing FZR's?

Post by tabond »

We have one 4/6 still on the track, and the FZ17 is nearly ready. It’ll be at Kershaw along with the TZ
BRS Racing #61
VRRA Competition Coordinator
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

tabond wrote:We have one 4/6 still on the track, and the FZ17 is nearly ready. It’ll be at Kershaw along with the TZ
Kershaw.....CMP? For a CCS round? I wasn't planning on going,but if so I may have to make some arrangements :whistle
tabond
Site Newbie

Post by tabond »

Yes, CMP, but with AHRMA. March 31- April 2
BRS Racing #61
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

Aw dang.......CCS is 2 weeks after that,and a couple of us were contemplating racing there for the first time at that track, in the various vintage classes they have now. Shame, that would have been cool to check out your bikes. What size TZ?
tabond
Site Newbie

Post by tabond »

250. 1988, 3AK.

BRS Racing #61
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

Lawdy Lawdy thats gorgeous!!!! Shame to miss out on the AHRMA weekend.......ive concidered trying them out,but its already going to be "IFFY" for the CCS round at CMP for me. A couple of us are really trying to grow the CCS vintage grids,but the younger guys are too convinced they are the next "big thing" to roadracing and are too scared to race anything older than 5 years. Did you race that TZ in USGPRU?
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

We´re here in Germany running an FZR-focussed Racingteam recruited from members of the german FZR-Forum (and at least two of our riders are active here in fzronline, also) and racing in the Raceseries "Motul Breakfast Cup" and "Klassik Trophy" (and this year we planned to start additionally at Chambley/France in the 3h Classic Endurance Race):

Teamwebsite of the FZR-Forum.de Racing Team: http://racing.mosnis.de

We´re running 400s and 600s (and our Teamleader now stepped up to the German Twin Trophy Racingseries, unlucky there´s no 2 Cylinder FZR usable for this Racingclass, so he had to change to a Suzuki SV650 as there was no YAMAHA TRX in the budgets range available in time ( hm, you can´t always get everything, so it was a good compromiss for him)...reports of the races we already have taken, our Bikecustomizations, our self-build equipments etc. are on our multilingual Teamsite as well as our timeplan for this Racing Season, so it might be worth to have a look at as well as on our FAcebookpage and Youtube Channel (which are linked on the Teamsite as well :-) )..
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

Very awesome Tomcat!! I had picked up an sv650 to spare the life of the FZR's,but have since relented and sold it to only run the 400 and 600.The SV seemed like it was going to be fun,but too "run of the mill" over here. Im having fun being an odd duck on the FZR's in modern classes. The 3 hour classic race seems like a blast!!! Need a team-mate? WOOT
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

3 weeks til NJMP!!! Gotta get my arse in gear!!!! I needed a new valve cover gasket.......using a yzf600 head,and can't believe how hard it is to get one from any parts supplier. Well.....heres to a good year to all my fellow FZR racers!!! :cheers:
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

YZF 600 and not YZF 600R? Then check for FZR 600R (Type 4JH, not 3HE/3HH) GAskets as the YZF 600 was sold as FZR 600R (not FZR 600, as thats the 3HE) here in Europe and there are a lot of Sellers who sell those Valve Cover Caskets on Ebay ;-)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
britx303
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by britx303 »

Tough year so far mechanically with the FZRs..........even the R6 gave me 2 bad weekends. Racing a retired racers fzr400 now in the meantime..............its a beautiful low milage streetbike thats been race wired/suspension work/race bodywork and thats it...........so you can really feel the weight of a stocker before being properly race stripped of excessive weight,of which the owner of the bike wants it left stock for nostalgia........which I totally respect as an FZR fan.......not so much as a racer :mrgreen: A fella named paul hopkins had a good FZR showing with his FZR600 big bore and came out swinging at Summit Point and gave the modern guys a fit :notworthy: Who else???? Whatcha got goin on??