fzr1000

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

lars
Site Newbie

fzr1000

Post by lars »

Hi,

Im lars from holland. I've bought a 1991 fzr1000 a while ago :headbang:

I like it so. Only the max speed is a bit less than my old bike. But handling / steering ect is really great.

Now after a few weeks i want to ride with it only it dont run...

Its only posible to start with the choke max open And trottle fully closed. Than it fires but nothing more than that. When i touch the choke or the trottle (even a bit) it stops running.
Running no good at all but i think on all the four cilinders.

By the sparkplugtest i remove the plugs out of the motor pull it in the sparkplugcables en try running. Then i will see sparkles nog not hard/strong. On the coils i have good 12volts.

I have a few parts ordert a swap but nothing till now seems to work. Not a change at al.

I have cleaned my bike so i can see everything. Not a plasic is on it. Also the gastank is removed. Between testing i fill the carbs with fuel.

The parts i bought and swapped:

Hal-sensor on the crank
Ignitionbox behind the battery
Battery
Both coils
Spark plugs wires

And al the negative cables cleaned to get a propper connection.
Also cleaned the carbs but no different.

The sparkplugs are wet and smell like fuel

How is the tankmeter to test?
Anybody another ideas?

Thanks,

Lars
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: fzr1000

Post by TomcatMJ »

Hi Lars,
lars wrote: Now after a few weeks i want to ride with it only it dont run...

Its only posible to start with the choke max open And trottle fully closed. Than it fires but nothing more than that. When i touch the choke or the trottle (even a bit) it stops running.
Running no good at all but i think on all the four cilinders.
Depending on the environmental temperature, usually it takes around 10-45 seconds running just on choke until it will react properly on turning the throttlegrip...so, maybe you should either put a bottle with fuel to the fuelline for testing or just use the usual tank for it as some ml fuel inside the carbs will not last for running long enough to get in proper operatingmode ;)
By the sparkplugtest i remove the plugs out of the motor pull it in the sparkplugcables en try running. Then i will see sparkles nog not hard/strong. On the coils i have good 12volts.
Put the battery to a apropriate charger,charge it fully (overnight for getting it fully charged or some hours until the charger tells you the batterystate is fully charged) and then just check the Voltage at idle-speed, 3k rpm and 6k rpm for checking if the regulator works fine or not,values should be between 13,4 and 14,6 V for optimal working regulators perhaps 0,2-0,4 V beneath for older but still fine regulators...if it gives you way less or way more voltage the regulator possibly should be replaced.

Greets from "the neighbourhood" Germany ;)
Tom
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
djalbin
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: fzr1000

Post by djalbin »

The sparkplugs are wet and smell like fuel
Seems too much fuel is getting delivered to the engine cylinders. Did you set the carb float levels?

Fuel level (floats): 10.6 ~ 11.6 mm (0.42 ~ 0.46 inches) above the float chamber line
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ