ECU/CDI problem

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

naxuuu
Site Newbie

ECU/CDI problem

Post by naxuuu »

Hello! So my 1994 FZR1000 exup's ecu broke down (loose motor driver chip) and I got a new one but it is BB7226, 3LF-10 instead of the old BB7225, 3GM-10.

Now the bike feels like it loosed some power, is it simply because I got a wrong ecu? Any experience with using a different ecu?
Stig
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: ECU/CDI problem

Post by Stig »

Some ecus are restricted. The French market ones are capped at 100 bhp from memory
If its not broken it dont need fixing

http://www.exup1000.co.uk
dustydes
Site Newbie

Post by dustydes »

The exup ecu's can be reflashed/programed. I new a guy who did this for a company using exup engines in a car.
I had these guys in my saved list but know nothing about them? might be worth a call.

http://www.motomatrix.co.uk/ecu-repairs.html

Have you tried to resolder the chip

Des
naxuuu
Site Newbie

Post by naxuuu »

Hmm, interesting. Resoldering is not possible with the chip since its "legs" are too short after breaking off.

So I guess the best option is to sell the BB7226 and replace it with another BB7225..

Its weird that my bike is 1994 and BB7225 is said to fit for -91-93 screwy

Btw, I dont have the exup valve installed if that makes any difference? But I do have another exhaust with the valve + cables for it.

Thanks for your responses :)
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

If this is an EXUP TCI, then running it without the servo connected (or an eliminator) will cause the TCI to cut spark at 4k rpm.

It is not necessary to clip the legs on the processor to remove it. With a hot air station and low-temp rework solder, it is entirely possible to remove a DIP40 chip undamaged.

I'm not so sure about reflashing the chip; I did some reading on this some time ago with the thought of doing just that. The problem is that the programming area is one-shot PROM, not reusable EPROM or flash. "Reflashing" would entail replacing the chip, and they're no longer available.
Jordan_Ciaramitaro
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Jordan_Ciaramitaro »

I am interested in your broken tci if you still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk